Station nixes ban on controversial song after "overwhelming" poll results

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
SAN FRANCISCO — After polling thousands of Bay Area radio listeners, San Francisco's KOIT radio station announced it was returning the controversial "Baby It's Cold Outside" holiday song to its daily playlist. CBS San Francisco reports that following a national outcry against the song, KOIT Program Director Brian Figula opted last week to place the song on hold while seeking further listener feedback.

"After hearing from thousands of Bay Area listeners via polling, phone calls, emails and social media, KOIT has concluded that the vast majority consider the song to be a valuable part of their holiday tradition, and they still want to hear it on the radio," Figula said in a statement on Monday.

Figula said when it came to the vote, it wasn't even close.

"KOIT's listeners have spoken, and the overwhelming message is they do want to hear 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' on our station, as they have throughout the years," he said. "More than seven out of every ten listeners who responded said although some lyrics of the song may reflect a different era and a different sensibility than today, still they love the tradition and history of the song, and want to hear it as part of their holiday season."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...lming-poll-results/ar-BBQNHmW?ocid=spartanntp

Well, DUH. I'll bet their "poll" also coincided with their ratings plummeting. :nomoney:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
That station's call sign is uncomfortably close to sexual inuendo (KOITUS) don't ya think? And they think a 70 year old song is sinful.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That station's call sign is uncomfortably close to sexual inuendo (KOITUS) don't ya think? And they think a 70 year old song is sinful.

That may be true, but they do have an iconic tower on top of the hill!

Toxick

Splat
I hope and I pray that 2019 is the year where America collectively tells the PC Police and SJW's and sundry buzzkills to just shut their dirty mouths the mother #### up already.

jrt_ms1995

YAZZZ!!! :lmao:

What do you think that the hill it sits atop symbolizes? :eyebrow:

The eroded remnants commemorating tectonic plate movement and crustal upheaval? :shrug:

Now, if the antenna was laying horizontal between two hills, maybe something else!:lmao:

Hijinx

I hope and I pray that 2019 is the year where America collectively tells the PC Police and SJW's and sundry buzzkills to just shut their dirty mouths the mother #### up already.

Wouldn't that be a great Christmas present.
Telling all of the perpetually offended to go fug themselves.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The eroded remnants commemorating tectonic plate movement and crustal upheaval? :shrug:

Now, if the antenna was laying horizontal between two hills, maybe something else!:lmao:

You decide...

coit.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Had they just removed the song without making a big deal out of it, nobody would have noticed. Instead they had to virtue-signal and get all activisty with it - "See us caring??"

But I suspect it was a promotional stunt all along.