Flying out west

Toxick

Splat
So I have an extended Christmas Vacation and I'm looking to fly away.

Usually when I fly, someone else (my company) handles the travel arrangements including buying the ticket.
So I don't know a lot about buying tickets.

What's the best website to find the cheapest tickets?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So I have an extended Christmas Vacation and I'm looking to fly away.

Usually when I fly, someone else (my company) handles the travel arrangements including buying the ticket.
So I don't know a lot about buying tickets.

What's the best website to find the cheapest tickets?

Try Kayak, Priceline or Travelocity. They search several airlines. If you are looking for less expensive like Southwest or Jetblue, you have to go directly to their websites.

glhs837

Power with Control
I just use Google Flights. Once I get an idea as to who I want, I book direct through the airlines website.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I no longer fly, but when I did I'd hop on Expedia and search for flights. When I found one that looked good, I'd go to the airline's website and see if I could get a better deal there. Sometimes I could.

Cheapo tip:

If you fly out of BWI, there are a number of hotels that will let you leave your car there if you spend a night with them. So you can stay the night near the airport for less money than it would cost you for long term parking, AND you can take an earlier flight (cheaper) because you'll only be a couple miles from the airport and the hotel shuttle will transport you.

Most people who travel know that, but I thought I'd toss it out there anyway.

Chris0nllyn

The cheapest option is to go straight to the airlines webpage and get yout tix there. You can use those other travel sites for a general idea on who is the cheapest.

Pro tip, don't exit and come back to the webpage without deleting your cookies first. For some reason prices magically go up when you visit the page a second time.

Parking is a bitch (I spent $200 parking at Reagan for a week) but the best option (for BWI anyway) is to use off site parking. It's about $8/day with a coupon and they shuttle you right to the airport.
https://econoparkexpress.com/