If Schumer ‘Wants to Shut Down’ Gov’t Over Border Security ‘He’s Going to Lose’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“If Chuck Schumer wants to shut down the government because he doesn’t want to secure America’s border, that’s a fight that he’s going to lose,” stated Rep. Steve Scalise. “And he’s lost one of these shutdowns before.”

Funding for agencies such as the Homeland Security Department, the Justice Department and the Agriculture Department was set to expire on Dec. 7. However, in light of former president George H. W. Bush’s death and funeral, President Trump and congressional leaders agreed to a two-week funding extension last week through Dec. 21.

Rep. Steve Scalise recently pointed out on Fox News that most of the government is funded through next year but that he would “like to see” Congress reach President Trump’s $5 billion goal for the border wall.

Rep. Scalise: If Schumer ‘Wants to Shut Down’ Gov’t Over Border Security ‘He’s Going to Lose’

Hijinx

“If Chuck Schumer wants to shut down the government because he doesn’t want to secure America’s border, that’s a fight that he’s going to lose,” stated Rep. Steve Scalise. “And he’s lost one of these shutdowns before.”

Funding for agencies such as the Homeland Security Department, the Justice Department and the Agriculture Department was set to expire on Dec. 7. However, in light of former president George H. W. Bush’s death and funeral, President Trump and congressional leaders agreed to a two-week funding extension last week through Dec. 21.

Rep. Steve Scalise recently pointed out on Fox News that most of the government is funded through next year but that he would “like to see” Congress reach President Trump’s $5 billion goal for the border wall.

Rep. Scalise: If Schumer ‘Wants to Shut Down’ Gov’t Over Border Security ‘He’s Going to Lose’

Democrats do not want a wall because in 2 more years if they can get Hillary elected they would only have to tear it down to open the border.
Democrats want open borders, they believe eventually the people coming over will vote democrat, but they are too stupid to realize that after a few years they will vote for their own people and not some white and fluffy Democrat.

Salmon

The wall will not happen. Democrats run the House and control the money. A wall is fiscally irresponsible and immoral.

Democrats don't want open borders and Hilary is not going to be running in 2020. I wish you Trumpians would get over this obsession with Hilary. You've got bigger problems to deal with.

This_person

The wall will not happen. Democrats run the House and control the money. A wall is fiscally irresponsible and immoral.

A. A portion of a wall already exists, and has been a federal requirement since 2006. Senator (at the time) Obama, Senator (at the time) Clinton, Senator Schumer, and a majority of the rest of the House and Senate all voted in favor of the Secure Fence Act. I would urge you to locate clue prior to engaging keyboard.

B. The House is currently under Speaker Ryan, controlled by Republicans. It will remain that way for a few more weeks. Again, I would urge you to locate clue prior to engaging keyboard.

C. How is border control immoral?

Sapidus

A. A portion of a wall already exists, and has been a federal requirement since 2006. Senator (at the time) Obama, Senator (at the time) Clinton, Senator Schumer, and a majority of the rest of the House and Senate all voted in favor of the Secure Fence Act. I would urge you to locate clue prior to engaging keyboard.

B. The House is currently under Speaker Ryan, controlled by Republicans. It will remain that way for a few more weeks. Again, I would urge you to locate clue prior to engaging keyboard.

C. How is border control immoral?

So your point is Trump has done nothing towards one of his biggest campaign promises?

Smart argument

You think Tump shutting down the government is going to reflect well on him or his party? Nancy is smart enough to know Truno has no leverage. People will blame him if the shutdown goes on. The dems have nothing to lose.

This_person

So your point is Trump has done nothing towards one of his biggest campaign promises?

Smart argument

I argue facts. The fact is, the Secure Fence Act has been law since 2006, and people like Schumer voted for it. Pelosi, to her credit for consistency, voted No.

But, no, my point had nothing to do with Trump. Trump has tried to stump for it, but has not been successful. Now is apparently when he feels the time is appropriate to take the stand.

What my point was is that Sally didn't know the House was still in Republican control, and didn't know that there was already part of the wall built, and didn't know there is such a thing as the Secure Fence Act, so Sally probably shouldn't be opining on things while being so woefully uninformed.

You think Tump shutting down the government is going to reflect well on him or his party? Nancy is smart enough to know Truno has no leverage. People will blame him if the shutdown goes on. The dems have nothing to lose.

It's interesting that you put it all in political terms, and not in terms of the welfare of the country.

If there's a partial government shutdown in December of 2018, it will have nothing to do with Pelosi as she is currently powerless in the House. It will have everything to do with the Democrats in the Senate, as that is where they hold a veto power in the form of the Republicans not having the ability to end cloture without the help of Democrats. Trump can do nothing until the House and the Senate pass a bill to send to him to sign to become a law, so Trump may be a figurehead and political punching bag to the media, but informed people will know that the blockage to passing an appropriations bill will be coming from Senate Democrats, led by Sen Schumer.

Do I think it will hurt Trump's political clout? Not in the slightest. The people that voted for him wanted a fighter, and a fighter he will appear to be. People won't blame him, they will cheer him. The people that actually will give him the blame are the people that blame him for potholes on their road, the sun shining through the blinds in their bedroom window, and the weather not being nice enough that day. In other words, idiots.

The Democrats will have something to lose, though, as they are (to their great chagrin) Americans as well. When our government didn't pass all of the appropriations bills before October 1st, as they are legally obligated to do, all Americans lost. But, think about that - it didn't happen back then, and no one really talks about it. It is all political theater, and the outcome has been pre-determined by the political class, with the theater playing out before our eyes for dramatic effect only. If you can't see that, you really should try thinking deeper than a driveway puddle in how corrupt our systems are today.