Holiday Office Parties Opportunity to Sexually Harrass Women

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Why are we having holiday parties at all?” complained Weiner to Gayle King on Monday morning. “Wouldn’t you rather have an extra $100 in your paycheck than have to put on the Spanx, put on the heels, be social with the guy with, like, the stale coffee breath who’s looking at your backside every time you go to the copier? You know how that is.”

Weiner lamented that while men have it easy with a suit-and-tie “uniform,” women’s dress for office holiday parties is more complicated – particularly since the birth of the “MeToo” movement – because now they must find a balance between professional attire and the desire to look attractive and festive during the holiday season.

“This is such a throwback, though, the suggestion of what I wear is that I’m asking for it,” added Norah O’Donnell. “Why aren’t we focused more on behavior rather than what people are wearing? Why don’t we just have conversation about norms of behavior?”

Co-anchor Bianna Golodryga offered that women would be wise to avoid drinking at holiday office parties.

New York Times opinion writer Jennifer Weiner told CBS This Morning hosts that holiday office parties are nothing more than another opportunity for women to be sexually harassed.

Best Office Party EVER ... 1996 Feeding A Couple Female Co-Workers 100 proof Jello Shooters :elaine:

Hijinx

If you advertise the product why do you get pissed if the advertisement works?

If Weiner is all that worried she could buy a Burka.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If you advertise the product why do you get pissed if the advertisement works?

If Weiner is all that worried she could buy a Burka.

She should just skip the party if she is so insecure that she MIGHT get hit on.

Fortunately, I work with a bunch of adult that know how to conduct ourselves.

Hijinx

She should just skip the party if she is so insecure that she MIGHT get hit on.

Fortunately, I work with a bunch of adult that know how to conduct ourselves.

Right on. Women in my day knew how to squelch unwanted advances.

As for the looks, If you put it out there I am going to look. Not much they can do about that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

As for the looks, If you put it out there I am going to look. Not much they can do about that.

Exactly.

Although, HR would have reprimanded us if they had sat in on us during sexual harassment training. :jet: :lmao:

BOP

“Why are we having holiday parties at all?” complained Weiner to Gayle King on Monday morning. “Wouldn’t you rather have an extra $100 in your paycheck than have to put on the Spanx, put on the heels, be social with the guy with, like, the stale coffee breath who’s looking at your backside every time you go to the copier? You know how that is.”

Weiner lamented that while men have it easy with a suit-and-tie “uniform,” women’s dress for office holiday parties is more complicated – particularly since the birth of the “MeToo” movement – because now they must find a balance between professional attire and the desire to look attractive and festive during the holiday season.

“This is such a throwback, though, the suggestion of what I wear is that I’m asking for it,” added Norah O’Donnell. “Why aren’t we focused more on behavior rather than what people are wearing? Why don’t we just have conversation about norms of behavior?”

Co-anchor Bianna Golodryga offered that women would be wise to avoid drinking at holiday office parties.

New York Times opinion writer Jennifer Weiner told CBS This Morning hosts that holiday office parties are nothing more than another opportunity for women to be sexually harassed.

Best Office Party EVER ... 1996 Feeding A Couple Female Co-Workers 100 proof Jello Shooters :elaine:

Burkas for everyone; problem solved.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I guess they don't put the bowl for the car keys by the door at office Christmas parties any more?

mitzi

Exactly. Back in the day, we had our office Christmas parties away from the office. Nothing fancy, just reserved space or they'd put us in a banquet room. We paid our own way. However, these parties usually started at lunchtime and went WAY past dinner time into an all out drunk fest. They moved us from the dining side over the bar side before the dinner crowd came in. No one was inappropriate, most of us were married and that was respected. We knew how to squelch unwanted advances if there were any. The only two I remember hooking up for the rest of the night were both single. The woman made the advances to the willing male recipient. Won't get into what she did :lmao: Those were great times.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Should we all go back to our 6th grade dances when the boys and girls stood on opposite sides of the room?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Just picture something going on under the table. :lmao: May not have been the right time and place for it but it did make good for all the jokes when we went back to work.

Did they look like this?

140207_2721525_The_Nerds___Broken_Fridge_anvver_6.jpg