American Media , National Enquirers parent company admits Trump commited felony seeks plea deal

Sapidus

What "felony" is that? All I see is a rehash of the same old crap..

That’s how we know your a moron or paid to post lies.

You claim to be intelligent but can’t understand the signifigance of the paper that paid to hide stories about candidate Trump turning on him?

You’ve always been an insufferable wanna be know it all but I though you were marginally smarter than the likes of preacherjk, malice and Hijinx but I guess not

This_person

*you're

You claim to be intelligent but can’t understand the signifigance of the paper that paid to hide stories about candidate Trump turning on him?

You’ve always been an insufferable wanna be know it all but I though you were marginally smarter than the likes of preacherjk, malice and Hijinx but I guess not

*thought

When you are going to attack someone's intelligence, it's best to do it with far fewer grammatical errors and typos. It makes you look less foolish. :yay:

This_person

I’ll let a Fox News personality explain it since that might actually get through to you

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-judge-napolitano-we-now-know-trump-committed-a-felony

From your link:
“Prosecutors have told us through these filings that they have evidence that the president committed a felony?” Smith asked his guest.
“The felony is paying Michael Cohen to commit a felony,” Napolitano concluded. “It’s pretty basic.”​

The problem with the judge's reasoning is that it assumes that Cohen is guilty of a felony through payment in return for NDA's. The NDA's themselves were not felonies, and the payments were not felonies unless one makes the assumption that the sole purpose or major purpose was campaign related making the payments in-kind campaign contributions. Since that has not, and is very highly unlikely to ever be, adjudicated to be the case in a court of law, those payments are highly unlikely to be determined to be felonious.

But, let's say they were. What are we talking about, around $250-300,000? Obama had just shy of $2,000,000 in illegal campaign contributions, and got a fine of $375,000. If those things turn out to be adjudicated to be campaign finance law violations - Trump using his own money to pay NDAs will never be adjudicated as such if we have a reasonably uncorrupt judicial system - then the likely outcome is a fine to Trump's campaign of around $50,000, or a nice dinner out for the president and his family.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

You claim to be intelligent but can’t understand the significance of the paper that paid to hide stories about candidate Trump turning on him?

Nice Ad Hominem Attack .... and deflection ... YOU have nothing so you resort to personal attacks

“As a part of the agreement, AMI admitted that it made the $150,000 payment in concert with a candidate’s presidential campaign, and in order to ensure that the woman [Karen McDougal] did not publicize damaging allegations about the candidate before the 2016 presidential election. AMI further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman’s story so as to prevent it from influencing the election.”

The Assumption being such a story with have an affect on The Election

I'm not buying this Characterization of Events ... we shall see what happens in Court

Dershowitz: Candidate Entitled To Pay Hush Money, Committed No Election Crime

DERSHOWITZ: The president doesn't break the law if, as a candidate, he contributes to his own campaign. So if he gave $1 million to two women as hush money, there would be in crime. If he directed his lawyer to do it, and he would compensate the lawyer, he's committed no crime.

The only crime is if a third-party, namely, Cohen, on his own, contributed to a campaign, that would be a campaign contribution. So it is a catch-22 for the prosecution. iI they claim that the president authorized him to do it or directed him to do it, it is not a crime for anybody. If Cohen did it on his own, then it is a crime for Cohen but not the president.

This is going to be a very difficult case for the prosecution to make, precisely because the laws on election are so convoluted.

CPUSA

Still showing the world how afraid you are of white people, eh Aaron?
Why do you hate white people so much, Aaron? Why are you such a racist, Aaron?
They say we learn racism at home. Are your parents whitey hating Black Panthers from the 60s? YOU sure sound like THEY are....

Sapidus

Still showing the world how afraid you are of white people, eh Aaron?
Why do you hate white people so much, Aaron? Why are you such a racist, Aaron?
They say we learn racism at home. Are your parents whitey hating Black Panthers from the 60s? YOU sure sound like THEY are....

Who the F is Aaron? Are you hearing dog whistles and secret messages from Q anon again?