PNC, new trend in banking???

GregV814

I went to the Owings branch this morning to make some deposits. Guess what, NO TELLERS. There are no tellers, only bank associates sitting in desks now....I guess there is really no difference from a standing teller or a sitting "associate", but is this a new trend now? It seems to put the "associates" in more danger....anyone, even me, can vault over a cheesy rental formica desk...

softtouch

How can you get a cashiers check with no tellers?
Bought a used car Monday from a new car dealer. The salesman said they limit credit and debit card use to $3000.
I got a cashiers check from Bank of America to pay for the car.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I went to the Owings branch recently to conduct some Estate business. Of course, doing that, I did sit with an associate at their desk - which I fully expected. I thought that there was still a teller working in the teller section, but maybe not because I noticed the lady at the desk in the next cubicle area was doing simple transactions like deposits and withdrawals and such.

I agree, this seems a lot less safe for the bank employees and the public.

Forkian

It is really no more or less safe. If I was going to rob them it wouldn't matter if they were standing, sitting or rolling in the floor. Man with gun-gets money-runs=then goes to prison.
See? Same outcome.
So, let the old broads sit and take a load off.

GregV814

Au contraire’....in Murlin, if caught, the church Decon choir boy will face a stern probation, the NRA will be slammed and ultimately, Trump will be blamed for his failed policies.....

glhs837

Power with Control
How can you get a cashiers check with no tellers?
Bought a used car Monday from a new car dealer. The salesman said they limit credit and debit card use to $3000.
I got a cashiers check from Bank of America to pay for the car.

I assume they either print them right there or order one printed that they or runner fetches. Navy Federal uses little side desks as overflow for the tellers sometimes and they handle anything you need.

mdff21

I asked about that several months ago when I went into the Owings Branch. I was told that they are doing it to be more customer friendly. I am not sure how they figure that. I have been into the Beach and PF branches and they still have the tellers.

DannyMotorcycle

If you go to the state employees credit union in greenbelt, you'll find all the tellers replaced with ATM like machines with a video screen and a teller who talks to you through it.

and they still have the other booths for the other kind of banking... Soo if you try to rob them, no one there has access to cash.. The tellers will probably just turn off the monitor and you'll be standing there looking at a blank atm like the idiot that you are, trying to rob the place.. I never heard of them being robbed before but i'm pretty sure they won't be robbed now.

i'ts a little weird but.. i guess safer.

DannyMotorcycle

ps it had an unusual wait time, despite being pretty empty... you might as well deposit by smartphone and use the ATM for withdrawals. it's kind of unfriendly and undesirable.