Farewell Rolling Thunder

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Rolling Thunder comes to an end; 2019 will be last ride

WASHINGTON — One of the nation’s most iconic displays of support for military veterans, those missing in action and prisoners of war is coming to an end.

The annual Rolling Thunder ride — which has brought thousands of bikers to the D.C. area for decades — is putting the brakes on. They won’t be riding after their May 2019 run, group officials confirmed to WTOP.

The key issues cited by the group are costs and communication problems with the Pentagon Police Department.

https://wtop.com/dc/2018/12/rolling...aiYF5qEgU2Ratlg6i3rrMkbGMgIMtkKswANHpAi_kYpyg

Wow.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If cost is a factor they could set up a GoFundMe and I have no doubt people would kick in generously. If it's the Pentagon police causing the problem, that should be easy to remedy - put public pressure on them until they get their chit together.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If cost is a factor they could set up a GoFundMe and I have no doubt people would kick in generously. If it's the Pentagon police causing the problem, that should be easy to remedy - put public pressure on them until they get their chit together.

I don't know if crowd funding will cover it.

“It cost us $60,000 just to rent the Pentagon parking lot, about $200,000 for the whole ball of wax — to promote the POW/MIA issue and veterans causes,” Dante said. “So that’s one of the main reasons.”

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I hope they find a way to resolve this. I know a LOT of people who participate in this every year.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So do I. Southern MD is always well "represented" at that event.

Yes. Friends of mine have been interviewed on the news. A few years ago, my cousin in OH posted a story about the ride. I told her that the people in the picture were friends of mine. :lol: