Revelation 18 FINAL NOTICE

seekeroftruth

Revelation 18:1 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor. 2 With a mighty voice he shouted:

“‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’[a]
She has become a dwelling for demons
and a haunt for every impure spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal.
3 For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”​

a. Revelation 18:2 Isaiah 21:9

Don't want to break a ritual... here's amazingdiscoveries.org.

God Calls His People out of Babylon: Just before probation closes and the seven last plagues are poured out, “another angel” cries “mightily” and “the earth” is “lightened with his glory.” This angel represents a gracious message of salvation. It is the final and most powerful warning given to the world. It is so strong that every person on earth is forced to choose sides in the conflict between Christ and Satan. God’s people, energized by the Holy Spirit, take this message to the world with “great power.”

They provide a marvelous demonstration of God’s character of self-sacrificing love as they plead with the people to choose God and “worship Him,” reinforcing the first angel’s message of Revelation 14:6-7. They give the warning that “Babylon the great is fallen” repeating the second angel’s message of Revelation 14:8. They fervently implore God’s people who are still in Babylon to “come out of her” and “be not partakers of her sins.” She has chosen to reject God, and her time of punishment is at hand when she will “drink of the wine of the wrath of God,” which is the third angel’s message of Revelation 14:9-11.

When this angel gives his loud cry, the “Christian” churches of the world have joined themselves to Babylon. The angel declares that they have “fallen,” and describes them as “the habitation of devils,” “the hold of every foul spirit” and as “a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.” They have become spiritually, morally and doctrinally corrupt. They have rejected the Holy Spirit and embraced the most vile sins, chosen false doctrines over pure Biblical truth and have turned to spiritualism for wisdom and advice. Evil angels, posing as the spirits of dead loved ones, lead them astray; Satan himself appears as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14), even going so far as to impersonate Christ. Thus, the churches will have cast aside their Biblical foundations are deceived.​

This is from Bible.org.

“Sensuality” is the Greek strhnos, a word meaning “arrogant or unrestrained luxury.” Here is an important lesson. Commercial Babylon, with its worship of money and power, will promote and push unrestrained luxury, sensuality, and pleasure designed to develop an all-consuming power over the masses via their uncontrolled lust patterns. Babylon will promote the philosophy that happiness, significance, security, and fulfillment are attained by the abundance of the things people possess, in travel and luxury, in comfort and pleasure, etc. Frankly, this sounds exactly like America and much of the world today.​

As I write this, it's Christmas and I'm reading about "arrogant or unrestrained luxury". ALL this stuff is supposed to happen after Israel has a peace treaty. Right now... not one country in the Middle East is at peace. So this is still in the future.... thankfully. There's still time.... BUT.... when this angel gives out the assigned message.... it will be too late. This is the FINAL NOTICE...

IMHO.... it's interesting that one of the commentaries says the churches will have cast aside their Biblical foundations. Like that church in Prince Frederick.... they are more interested in filling pews and coffers than they are teaching the Gospel. Before the First Seal was broken.... Jesus had already thumbed His nose at all but one of His churches.... and it was only hanging on by a thread.

I am reminded of another church I attended.... it seems that this church was built on AMWAY rather than Christ. The building itself was spiffy clean.... naturally..... but the pyramid could only rise so high once the church membership was recruited.... my friends invested all their money and energy into this "good" company built on "good christian values".... and they had nothing else.

I am reminded of a local church that decided to go on a Biblical Diet. I've never seen so many "hangry" women in one Bible Study. The product they used didn't do a thing to suppress the appetite. Those women were horrified to think their prayers weren't working... and they started doubting their own faith. Horrible diet.... horrible.

I'm preachy.... That's all for now. Remember..... as long as Israel has no peace agreement with her neighbors... there's still a second left to turn it all over to Christ.

:coffee: