28 The sons of Samuel:

Joel[f] the firstborn

and Abijah the second son.

29 The descendants of Merari:

Mahli, Libni his son,

Shimei his son, Uzzah his son,

30 Shimea his son, Haggiah his son

and Asaiah his son.​

c. 1 Chronicles 6:16 Hebrew Gershom, a variant of Gershon; also in verses 17, 20, 43, 62 and 71
d. 1 Chronicles 6:26 Some Hebrew manuscripts, Septuagint and Syriac; most Hebrew manuscripts Ahimoth 26 and Elkanah. The sons of Elkanah:
e. 1 Chronicles 6:27 Some Septuagint manuscripts (see also 1 Samuel 1:19,20 and 1 Chron. 6:33,34); Hebrew does not have and Samuel his son.
f. 1 Chronicles 6:28 Some Septuagint manuscripts and Syriac (see also 1 Samuel 8:2 and 1 Chron. 6:33); Hebrew does not have Joel

This is the easy English commentary.....

The previous section showed the list of the priests. This section shows the rest of the family of Levi. Levi had three sons. Their sons were the ancestors of the clans of the Levites. This list shows the families of Gershon, Kohath and Merari.

This list of names is not complete. Some names are not in this list and some are different in other lists.

The list of Kohath’s family is longer but it shows only one of his sons. Amminadab was another name for Izhar (Exodus 6:18). His son was Korah. Korah led a group of 250 men who opposed Moses. God punished Korah and the two men who were leaders with him (Numbers 16:1-33). The ground opened and it swallowed them. They went into their graves while they were still alive. And that was how they died. But God did not kill the sons of Korah.

The second Elkanah was the father of Samuel. Samuel was the prophet who made Saul the first king of Israel. Also, Samuel put oil on David’s head in order to appoint David king instead of Saul.

Joel and Abijah were the two sons of Samuel. Unlike their father, they were evil men. Because of this, the people wanted a king instead of them. God gave them their desire and Samuel made Saul their king.​

So many of my friends over the years have been of the mistaken idea that preachers and priests are all loving, caring, knowledgeable men of the Bible. OH>... I feel for them. I've read, heard, and seen so many preachers that were just plain crooks. One preacher I know "borrowed" money from the church. Another.... announced at the podium that he would quit his job before he would allow a gay man [used a derogatory term that starts with fa] sit in his church. I've known a few people who were raped at church... I'm talking a physical act... not a mind game. I knew a man who took his own life.... after being molested in his church.... his mother didn't believe him and the priest condemned him to hell for "his" actions. Just because a human goes to seminary.... doesn't mean they are really Christian. How can a Christian get up and preach a service on how God wants you to be rich.... you deserve to be rich.... invest in the church and your money will come back to you..... when Jesus Christ Himself said it's harder for "a rich man to get into Heaven than for a camel to pass through the eye of a camel" Matthew 19:24?

Preachy again....

:coffee: