Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable Generator Safety

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I overheated and released the internal smoke in a 4 1/2" Matabo grinder today...
    If you go on eBay, you can buy jars of Lucas replacement smoke. Might be worth a try....
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    If you go on eBay, you can buy jars of Lucas replacement smoke. Might be worth a try....
    I'll look into it, for a few seconds it was just like Cash's " Ring of Fire " and then Poof and POP...
    And the smoke was released.. I bought a few of them from Brian, it will be replaced with another Matabo.. damn good hand tools...
    No one cares.

I'll look into it, for a few seconds it was just like Cash's " Ring of Fire " and then Poof and POP...
    And the smoke was released.. I bought a few of them from Brian, it will be replaced with another Matabo.. damn good hand tools...
    I recently bought two more. i keep two in the shop and one in the mobile welder. One of the two we'd been abusing in the shop for more than 10 years finally died and I figured the other could not be far behind it. Absolutely amazing grinders; they far, far outlast every other brand and I know I've tried every one.

Here's the replacement smoke...this one is empty though; I already used it all in my Triumph.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lucas smoke.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	126263

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I recently bought two more. i keep two in the shop and one in the mobile welder. One of the two we'd been abusing in the shop for more than 10 years finally died and I figured the other could not be far behind it. Absolutely amazing grinders; they far, far outlast every other brand and I know I've tried every one.

Here's the replacement smoke...this one is empty though; I already used it all in my Triumph.

Name:	Lucas smoke.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	126263
    I agree, great tools. I have a hand full of them myself, I hate changing one disk to another so I like you just have a bunch of them. I have two super sawzaws and one has age spots on it, you have to shake it to get it to start sawing.. lol..
    I though life was slowing me down, but I'm back to 70+ hour weeks plus office time...

Edit... I had complete vibram failure on a pair of Redwings yesterday while walking though one of the plants we are working in.. Elect tape got me through that day and last night I grabbed the sole of the other boot and it peeled off as well.. Not happy with Redwings..

Name:	IMG_20181216_101246375.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	126266
    Last edited by black dog; 12-16-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    No one cares.

. Not happy with Redwings..
    Ariats for me.

Members who have read this thread: 38