97.7 The Rocket is no more

mitzi

It's changed formats in the past few days since I had it on the last time. It's now 97.7 The Bay. The little bit of time I was in the car (the only time I listen to it), it was more "soft" hits. I heard Glen Frey, Duran Duran and Stevie Wonder (so far all 80s hits again that I heard).

Goldenhawk

When I mention "FM" or "radio", my kids look at me like a dinosaur, and go back to listening to whatever they like on Spotify. I haven't listened to local radio in a decade.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
?? I had it on yesterday during my trip to Annapolis and back and it was still "The Rocket" and playing the usual classic rock...

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Do they still have live people running the stations or is the programming completely automated?

Grumpy

Do they still have live people running the stations or is the programming completely automated?

I believe they have a DJ unless it is pre-recorded elsewhere. They played an ABBA song (Winner Takes it All) and the DJ was commenting that the song was not about 2 members of ABBA's divorce as has always been reported. This was this evening when I was driving home.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Heard the same Aerosmith song I heard twice yesterday, on my way to the bee...er...milk store a few minutes ago. If they've changed format, I've sure not heard it yet.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I haven't listened to the radio in ages, so I turned on 97.7 to hear these "changes." They were playing Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady" and then started into a long progression of commercials. SSDD. I promptly switched back over to my Bob Seger CD. :lol: