The Shopping Frenzy has Begun!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People who shop...in a dirt world store.

Why?

It's so easy to jump on Amazon or some other online store, find exactly what you're looking for within seconds, and have it gift wrapped and sent. I can see it if you're shopping in a local store with unique merch, but big box Christmas shopping seems silly to me.

Why?

It's so easy to jump on Amazon or some other online store, find exactly what you're looking for within seconds, and have it gift wrapped and sent. I can see it if you're shopping in a local store with unique merch, but big box Christmas shopping seems silly to me.
I utilize Amazon a lot, but I still love browsing "dirt" stores. I like visiting shopping centers. I like "making a day of it" with a friend or family member. Heck, one of the things I miss most about not having my daughter living nearby is I can't have her jump in the vehicle and run around doing my shopping and errands with me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Why?

I needed shampoo. And then we didn't have to time online shop for a tie-tack for tomorrow. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I haven't been to a Christmas party where I had to wear a gown in centuries! What's it look like - where's your party?

gown.jpg

It's up the road. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I utilize Amazon a lot, but I still love browsing "dirt" stores. I like visiting shopping centers. I like "making a day of it" with a friend or family member. Heck, one of the things I miss most about not having my daughter living nearby is I can't have her jump in the vehicle and run around doing my shopping and errands with me.

I rarely go to a mall. I like to go to little walky shoppy areas that have local merchants with cool things that you can't get just anywhere.

SamSpade

Why?

(shrug) Easily half my shopping this season will be for *food*. A small part is decorations, which to be
fair, you really need to see yourself. And last is clothes on specials not advertised online - I've found
from experience that the inventory declared online NEVER jibes with what is on the rack.

That said, the most exasperating part of shopping at Christmas is the driving. I'm convinced more
and more that the reason holiday driving is horrendous is, there are millions of people who rarely
drive anywhere or ever near a store - who suddenly get the urge near Christmas.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sorry, that was kind of a creepy question wasn't it? At any rate, you gown is gorgeous and Gilligan would look smashing in it (hope you read his post first). Have fun - wish the weather was better!

It's all good, thx!

PeoplesElbow

Sorry, that was kind of a creepy question wasn't it? At any rate, you gown is gorgeous and Gilligan would look smashing in it (hope you read his post first). Have fun - wish the weather was better!

I don't think he could pull off those shoes though.

RodRugg

This is really true! My grandma stopped at the WaWa's to get some scratchers and beef jerky and a gallon of distilled water and she said it looked like somebody let loose a tarpaulin devil in there and it spinned around and knocked everything off the shelfs and into the floor and everybody was running around like Christmas idiots and grabbing up stuff and running out of the big hole in the wall that got collapsed from the car that ran into it. My grandma HATES Christmas shopping and don't know why everybody has to wait till the end to do it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This is really true! My grandma stopped at the WaWa's to get some scratchers and beef jerky and a gallon of distilled water and she said it looked like somebody let loose a tarpaulin devil in there and it spinned around and knocked everything off the shelfs and into the floor and everybody was running around like Christmas idiots and grabbing up stuff and running out of the big hole in the wall that got collapsed from the car that ran into it. My grandma HATES Christmas shopping and don't know why everybody has to wait till the end to do it.

:lmao: