NJ gov neuters LE

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Elections have consequences. I guess criminals lobby in NJ.

mags.jpg

stgislander

PREMO Member
To play devil's advocate, if regular citizens are not allowed to possess them, why should off duty LE?

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
To play devil's advocate, if regular citizens are not allowed to possess them, why should off duty LE?

Why do the police get to have extra rights? If a person is "Sound " on this side of the gate, why is said person not sound on the other side of the gate?

black dog

Free America
Let's put it this way. If the Constitution were followed, why shouldn't every citizen be just as armed as the police.

They are in some places, Our little town PD has 4 M16A1's that they bought a few years back through Homeland Security for about a 100 bucks apiece. brand new Hydro-Matic rifles fro the 70's.
The only time they leave the station is to go and play with at someones farm or a few select local ranges. As far as the town is concerned, they are easily outgunned.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Elections have consequences. I guess criminals lobby in NJ.

View attachment 126250

This may actually turn out to be a pivotal, though relatively unremarked upon, event.

One of the big questions - if the country were to be headed to a hot Civil War - is what side LE would take: The People or The Government? I have always suspected that the police - if they felt they were a "protected class" - would side to a large degree (TBD what "large" would mean) with The Government. Decisions like this tell LE they're not a protected group. So if not protected, with whom does LE align? I suspect decisions like this (and this won't be the last) works in The People's favor.

We'll see (though I hope we won't see; my hope is that we figure things out before everything goes kinetic).

Don't have the same worries about the military: historically our military has rarely ever been used in a domestic crisis (except local, temporary issues, of course) so there would be much more friction in employing the military against The People than LE being employed. Different mindsets, too.

--- End of line (MCP)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
so there would be much more friction in employing the military against The People than LE being employed. Different mindsets, too.

--- End of line (MCP)

We've already seen that in the willingness of LE to jump right ahead without hesitation when confiscation orders are handed them..even though most are - or should be - rescinded upon review and appeal.

Yooper

This may actually turn out to be a pivotal, though relatively unremarked upon, event.

One of the big questions - if the country were to be headed to a hot Civil War - is what side LE would take: The People or The Government? I have always suspected that the police - if they felt they were a "protected class" - would side to a large degree (TBD what "large" would mean) with The Government. Decisions like this tell LE they're not a protected group. So if not protected, with whom does LE align? I suspect decisions like this (and this won't be the last) works in The People's favor.

We'll see (though I hope we won't see; my hope is that we figure things out before everything goes kinetic).

Don't have the same worries about the military: historically our military has rarely ever been used in a domestic crisis (except local, temporary issues, of course) so there would be much more friction in employing the military against The People than LE being employed. Different mindsets, too.

--- End of line (MCP)

Take a look here: NYPD Commissioner Slams NJ LE Decision tweet.

H/T: PJ Media Daily Blog; Paula Bolyard (where I first saw NJ tweet).

And so it begins.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

black dog

Free America

--- End of line (MCP)

Everything that I have always read has been the older LEO will for the most part will abide by the Constitution and for the most part the younger officers will do as they are told.

Yooper

Everything that I have always read has been the older LEO will for the most part will abide by the Constitution and for the most part the younger officers will do as they are told.

Good point. I'm gonna have to ask my youngish, neighbor P.O. his thoughts....

--- End of line (MCP)

black dog

Free America
:yay:

There should be no difference between the governments possession and citizens possession of firearms, types, designs or capacities.

And where one can and can't be carried.. I had a new local cop tell me last year he was allowed to carry a firearm on postal property while mailing Christmas presents because he was a certified LEO...I told him he needs to change his name tag to " No One"
I told him that the law stated No One was allowed to carry a firearm on postal property unless they were there for Official business..And mailing mom presents are not official business.
He turned into a pompas ass in front of me..
A quick trip to the chiefs office later in the day cleared it all up..
I can't, you can't...

Salmon

They say we cannot ban guns but there’s no constitutional right to magazines or ammunition.

Hijinx

you truly are clueless

Ammunition lasts a long time if kept dry and in a cool place.
There is tons of it in America.

You target practice and go buy a fresh stock.

If ammunition is outlawed, you don't target practice so much and take good care of what you have.
There will be enough.