seekeroftruth

Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“‘Come out of her, my people,’(b)
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6 Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
7 Give her as much torment and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;[c]
I will never mourn.’
8 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.​

b. Revelation 18:4 Jer. 51:45
c. Revelation 18:7 See Isaiah 47:7,8.

Come out come out wherever you are! Anyone left here for Salvation? This is not a safe place here.... anyone here????

I was trained to participate, in the event of an emergency, as part of the Community Emergency Response Team. After we make sure our family is safe.... we venture out looking for others to help. We turn off electric and gas so that when emergency services arrive... everything is safe and reported. We were instructed to yell out before and when entering anyplace. We were instructed to get those who were able out.... and we were instructed odd ways to accomplish that... like using a table as a gurney.

One instruction... one piece of "advice" we were given.... hurts everytime I think of it..... We can't save everyone. The instructor said "You're not God".

So these verses are God being God..... calling anyone who wants rescue.... yell....

Amazingdiscoveries.org offers this.

The mighty call, “Come out of her my people,” strengthens as Babylon is reaching the height of her power, the time when she has the universal support of the kings of the earth. In contrast of God’s people who are showing His character of love to the world, the churches of Babylon have begun to persecute God’s commandment-keeping people. They demand the strict enforcement of the Sunday law and call for a death decree upon those who will not obey this man-made edict rather than God’s commandment. God’s people, who are still scattered among many denominations, see the contrast between those who give this message and those who persecute them. They recognize the voice of their Saviour as He calls them out of Babylon.

In Daniel’s time, after seventy years of captivity, God’s people were called to leave their comfortable homes, come out of Babylon and return to Israel. Jeremiah 51:6. When the call is given to come out of spiritual Babylon, God’s people who are in churches will reject Bible truth and approve of sin must give up their comfortable traditions and unBiblical doctrines and come out. Christ says, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” John 10:27.

Babylon views herself as a “queen” ruling over the kings of the earth and no longer powerless. She says I “am no widow;” she sees her rise to power and deems herself secure in heaven’s favor, but her “sins have reached unto heaven.” It is time for God’s judgments to fall.

I think Amazing Discoveries has it right this time.... I don't know if they'll actually build a city named Babylon before the end.... I read that China is building an Island.... so I guess there could be a city under construction somewhere.... or will they rename a city.... call it Babylon..... The ancient Babylon isn't there anymore.... it's a desert now... I guess Iraq could build a new Babylon...

OOOHHHH what if the new Babylon is the international space station.... now that's an out there thought. Think about it... when I searched for Babylon.... the Tower of Babel came up.....

This is the response from blueletterbible.org.

Is Babylon of Revelation 18 a literal or symbolic city?

Some have thought it to be a future rebuilt Babylon on the Euphrates River in the Middle East. This is now a desolate desert in modern day Iraq.

Sudam Hussein has been outspoken in his desire to resurrect the ruined city of Babylon in all of its glory. He may in fact do this, and it is conceivable that a rebuilt Babylon could be a world economic center, especially with the wealth of Mideast oil. But so far, Hussein has not made good on his dream to rebuild Babylon.​

But most likely, commercial Babylon is symbolic, like religious Babylon. "When the Lord was here on earth He spoke of the great hatred that 'the world' had for Him and His own (John 15:18,19). What is this world but a combination of religion, government and commerce? In other words, Babylon in all its parts stands for that which Christ called 'the world.'" (Barnhouse)

"In portraying the destruction of a (symbolic) city, he describes God's judgment on the great satanic system of evil than has corrupted the earth's history." (Johnson)

"In chapter 18, the context seems to indicate that Babylon here is viewed in its political and economic character rather than its religious aspect." (Walvoord)​

So.... I know that there is very little chance Sudam Hussein is in any position to rebuild Babylon. I say very little chance as opposed to no chance because with God... anything is possible.... [yep even the space station... space wars].

The message here isn't really about Babylon or whether it is real or symbolic or where it is?

The message is.... Before Jesus takes Satan on.... Jesus wants to make absolutely sure there's absolutely no one left that could take the wild hair notion to drop Satan and run to Jesus. Is there one stupid stubborn human who is ready to change their mind and get out while the getting is good.

I was doing a search and I found a map of where old Babylon was.
Babylon.png

When I was in my twenties... I got a job whitewashing the outside of the building at Pepper's Poultry Processing Plant. There were a couple of grown men working there who did not believe that man landed on the moon. As far as they were concerned.... it was all a hoax. You know why? Here's what they said.....

"If God wouldn't let them finish the Tower of Babel..... what makes you think He's going to let us build a house on the moon?"

:coffee: