Wreaths across America ......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My Dad and my namesake uncle are buried not 20 yards from each other in that cemetery...and I keep telling myself I really need to participate in one of these annual wreath laying events. Got friends that have always covered both..but that's obviously not the same. ;-(

Grumpy

My Dad and my namesake uncle are buried not 20 yards from each other in that cemetery...and I keep telling myself I really need to participate in one of these annual wreath laying events. Got friends that have always covered both..but that's obviously not the same. ;-(

First time in a few years that I didn't go, going in the morning to pay our respects and lay an extra wreath for my m-in-law who is buried with my f-in-law.

SamSpade

My father is next to that area, in the Columbarium. I went to see him yesterday, and to lay wreaths with the other 60,000 people.
I totally underestimated just HOW MUCH IT WOULD RAIN. I swear even with a rain jacket, my clothes added another 15-20 pounds of
water, or at least it felt that way.

People were upbeat, friendly, patient. My only complaint was that the parking was a bit frustrating at the Pentagon, because a LOT
of people parked in such a way as to make the NEXT spot impossible to move into.

I think it's wonderful that so many people want to honor our fallen heroes. A couple we met had driven from Carroll County and helped
us find my Dad. That was typical.

transporter

Well...isn't that interesting...probably something you should have kept to yourself.

When it comes to honoring the service of your own family you just leave that to other anonymous people?

You claim to be such a great Patriot...such a great supporter of the military...guess that only goes as long as it continues to line your pockets with taxpayer dollars.

Do you at least make a donation to Wreaths Across America? Or is that too much trouble for you too?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Well...isn't that interesting...probably something you should have kept to yourself.

When it comes to honoring the service of your own family you just leave that to other anonymous people?

You claim to be such a great Patriot...such a great supporter of the military...guess that only goes as long as it continues to line your pockets with taxpayer dollars.

Do you at least make a donation to Wreaths Across America? Or is that too much trouble for you too?

you just can't help being a piece of ####, can you?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well...isn't that interesting...

Only to a failed slug like you. ;-) How many of your immediate family are buried there? My father was killed in the service of our country only 2 months after I was born. Slime like you...not worth his sacrifice.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My father is next to that area, in the Columbarium. I went to see him yesterday, and to lay wreaths with the other 60,000 people.

Thank You Sam for helping lay wreaths.
And a big Thank You to your Father for his service.

Grumpy

I totally underestimated just HOW MUCH IT WOULD RAIN. I swear even with a rain jacket, my clothes added another 15-20 pounds of
water, or at least it felt that way.

People were upbeat, friendly, patient. My only complaint was that the parking was a bit frustrating at the Pentagon, because a LOT
of people parked in such a way as to make the NEXT spot impossible to move into.

I think it's wonderful that so many people want to honor our fallen heroes. A couple we met had driven from Carroll County and helped
us find my Dad. That was typical.

:yay:

Went this morning and added a wreath for my m-in-law.

Attachments

• 48382911_1949396731846098_8879236064275857408_n.jpg
    48382911_1949396731846098_8879236064275857408_n.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 422

warneckutz

You need your ass beat. Name a time and place.

SamSpade

Does anyone know WHEN Trump was there? I left around 10:30, being utterly soaked to the skin, tired, and muddy.
But according to the picture, he was near where I was and I didn't see anything resembling a massive entourage.

luvmygdaughters

My daughter, her fiance and his two daughters volunteered this year. She said it was so inspiring to see the volunteers honoring those fallen hero's.

luvmygdaughters

You must be a very lonely, miserable person. The only satisfaction you seem to get, is to insult. Let me ask you, did you volunteer to lay wreaths? Do you volunteer for soup kitchens, hospitals, veterans homes, animal shelter? Anything?? Perhaps you should try doing that instead of spewing trash, garbage and mindless insults. Maybe, just maybe, it would make you feel better about yourself instead of hating yourself, as you must.

SamSpade

My daughter, her fiance and his two daughters volunteered this year. She said it was so inspiring to see the volunteers honoring those fallen hero's.

People often mention - that when you lay a wreath, try to think about the fallen. It may well be that the last person who knew them has long since died.
So - until someone else comes - YOU are the last person left on earth to honor their memory.

Grumpy

We had done it the previous 2 years. In 2016, it was during a snow/ice storm and due to the low turnout, volunteers were able to get as many wreaths from the tractor trailers that you could carry and put them by the headstones. Last year, the lines are the tractor trailers were very long and they were only giving out 1 wreath per person. Turnout was probably double what it was in 2016 and our group (ages 4 - 60s) decided that this year we would go the day before or the day after.

Hijinx

Does anyone know WHEN Trump was there? I left around 10:30, being utterly soaked to the skin, tired, and muddy.
But according to the picture, he was near where I was and I didn't see anything resembling a massive entourage.

I saw pictures of him at the cemetary, He was alone and carrying his own umbrella.
Pretty sure the SS wasn't far away, but he was alone in the picture.