Petition: Higher pay for the bus drivers in St Mary's county

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Just noticed this:

Hi,

I am Dawn Murphy I am starting a petition in St. Mary's County, Maryland for higher pay for bus drivers. We are the lowest paid of all of the counties in Maryland.

I have spoken to the commissioners, the director of transportation, and the supervisor of the board of education. I am doing this for all of the drivers. They’re all hard workers who are dedicated to their jobs and love what they do.

It is unfair and unjust that we have not gotten a raise in over 10 years. We our asking for 20 to start and paid holidays and a bus driver’s association. We live near a base that brings several millions of dollars [into the community]. Our town has grown up so much that they have had to build more schools, yet we barely have the bus drivers to fill those positions.

They say they’re giving us a raise when the whole county gets a 3% raise; it will take them 5 years to get us to 20% at this rate.

[Note: I took the liberty to edit the above message for them over what appears on the petition.]

If you want to support them, here's the link:

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/977/900/918/higher-pay-for-the-bus-drivers-in-st-marys-county/

BernieP

Resident PIA
Why don't the bus drivers do a swim suite calendar once a year to make up the short fall.

How many can we sign you up for?
1900swimsuit.jpg

20070706malefemale.jpg

BernieP

Resident PIA
I don't qualify, not a bus driver, but that swim wear is not what I was picturing.

"Sign you up for" == "Order"
How many can we count on you to purchase?

You might be thankful they are wearing clothing like that. Be careful what you ask for, you may get it.

FED_UP

OH, haha, might need 3, kitchen, bedroom and the other bedroom. Be cafeful of what I wish for. :ohwell: