Pot Addicts Are Okay But Legitimate Chronic Pain Sufferers In Need of Opioids? Not So Much.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There is a strange dichotomy taking place in society today. On the one hand, laws against marijuana are being eliminated. People who abuse pot are now able to feed their addiction with an overly generous supply of the drug. For example, in Arizona, where medical marijuana is legal, users can purchase up to 2.5 ounces every two weeks. This is enough to be stoned every day. Once you have a prescription, you can refill it for an entire year without going back to renew the prescription. It’s easy to get a prescription in most states that have legalized medical marijuana, just inform a doctor you have pain. And if you live in a state like California that has legalized recreational marijuana, there aren’t even any limits on how much you can buy (just how much you can have on hand).

[clip]

By October of this year, 33 states had passed laws limiting opioid prescriptions. They limit the supply a doctor may prescribe to seven days or less. This exponentially increases problems with timely refilling prescriptions. One chronic pain sufferer complained, “The insurance companies are lying to their own subscribers in the Prior Auth Dept, ignoring, transferring to dead lines, long appeals that go nowhere, on & on….” It also means more co-pays. Some states are now requiring doctors and pharmacists to take a course on opioids.

Pot Addicts Are Okay But Legitimate Chronic Pain Sufferers In Need of Opioids? Not So Much.

:faint:

2.5 oz Every 2 Weeks ....

I knew a guy who smoked every evening after work as a way to unwind ... he could not manage more than and Oz a month ... in a good month an Oz in 3 weeks

I guess Opioid users need to get Pot Prescriptions

This_person

There is a strange dichotomy taking place in society today. On the one hand, laws against marijuana are being eliminated. People who abuse pot are now able to feed their addiction with an overly generous supply of the drug. For example, in Arizona, where medical marijuana is legal, users can purchase up to 2.5 ounces every two weeks. This is enough to be stoned every day. Once you have a prescription, you can refill it for an entire year without going back to renew the prescription. It’s easy to get a prescription in most states that have legalized medical marijuana, just inform a doctor you have pain. And if you live in a state like California that has legalized recreational marijuana, there aren’t even any limits on how much you can buy (just how much you can have on hand).

[clip]

By October of this year, 33 states had passed laws limiting opioid prescriptions. They limit the supply a doctor may prescribe to seven days or less. This exponentially increases problems with timely refilling prescriptions. One chronic pain sufferer complained, “The insurance companies are lying to their own subscribers in the Prior Auth Dept, ignoring, transferring to dead lines, long appeals that go nowhere, on & on….” It also means more co-pays. Some states are now requiring doctors and pharmacists to take a course on opioids.

:faint:

2.5 oz Every 2 Weeks ....

I knew a guy who smoked every evening after work as a way to unwind ... he could not manage more than and Oz a month ... in a good month an Oz in 3 weeks

I guess Opioid users need to get Pot Prescriptions

While the proponents of legalizing pot tell you that you cannot become addicted, they are wrong. That said, I think more people are killed by sharks in Nebraska a year than become problematically addicted to pot.

Opioids on the other hand are a bit more addictive, and somewhat more damaging to the body (much like getting hit by a 2018 Peterbuilt is a bit more damaging to the body than getting hit by a raindrop).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... much like getting hit by a 2018 Peterbuilt is a bit more damaging to the body than getting hit by a raindrop).

Thats just the kind of nonsensical statement I've come to expect from a typical rain-head.

littlelady

God bless the USA
What I don’t get is how many people were put in jail for possessing/using mj. Now, it is becoming legal? Makes no sense, but what does, anymore? I smoked mj once in 9th grade, and threw my guts up. Never did it again. Our country is one screwed up place. God bless America.

glhs837

Power with Control
Addicted? Mentally, maybe, but not chemically. But yeah, if you look at societal ills brought on by either substance, then pot is water. Only people hurting other people for pot are dealers fighting over it. 2.5 ounces for two weeks? Given the high levels of THC in todays stuff, that seems crazy unless you are buying for a whole crowd. A single person consuming that much would be pretty much useless as a functioning member of society other than maybe stocking shelves on the mid shift. I certainly dont want them driving around much. Maybe there's a pot equivalent to "session" beers? Maybe Bud Light? :)