Purse

FED_UP

Heard of a ladies purse left in a shopping cart in the parking lot at Walmart in California this weekend and the lady who took it is all on camera/video. I hope they catch her. :nono:

Last edited:

GopherM

Darwin was right
A few years ago my wife put her bag down on top of some merchandise at BJ's to look at something. We were 5-10 minutes and several aisles away when she realized what she had done. We went back to where she had put it down and naturally it was gone. We immediately went to the service counter and someone had already turned it in and everything was in it untouched. The patron had already left so we couldn't thank them but it shows there are some very honest people out there (probably almost everyone).

CPUSA

Hey Sadpussi & Salmon

I got a dollar that says the perp's race is the same as your preferred "victims'"
Dare to take me up on it?

glhs837

Power with Control
Heard of a ladies purse left in shopping cart in the parking lot at Walmart in California this weekend and the lady who took it is all on camera/video. I hope they catch her. :nono:

Yah, if the outside cameras are as "awesome" as the ones inside, it will clearly show a vaguely human shaped blob that is indeed in the parking lot.

FED_UP

Hey Sadpussi & Salmon

I got a dollar that says the perp's race is the same as your preferred "victims'"
Dare to take me up on it?

Won't know until the photo comes out, if they even put it out, Walmart photos so far seem to be 1/2 decent. I will take you up on tha dollar, theft has no color.

FED_UP

I lost a $100 bill one time, I think I hid it and forgot where it was. :faint: Can anyone top that??

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Way back in the day, I left my wallet in my shopping cart in the parking lot at Harvest Market (San Souci Plaza) with $1500.00 cash in it. Once I realized it was missing, I called the store and they had it in the safe. COMPLETELY INTACT! I tried to give a reward to the person (a store employee is all I know) but they didn't want to step forward.

FED_UP

Way back in the day, I left my wallet in my shopping cart in the parking lot at Harvest Market (San Souci Plaza) with $1500.00 cash in it. Once I realized it was missing, I called the store and they had it in the safe. COMPLETELY INTACT! I tried to give a reward to the person (a store employee is all I know) but they didn't want to step forward.

More honesty back in the day IMO.

NextJen

Raisin cane
About a year and a half ago, my BF and I were coming out of Safeway in Dunkirk. He was returning the cart and I was starting the car. He got back in the car and said, 'You won't believe this, I just found this in the cart return area laying on the ground!' and he proceeded to show me a wad of $20 bills. It was a total of $220. We discussed it and decided the best thing to do was to hang onto the money and go into the store and tell management that we had found cash in the parking lot (didn't say how much) and if someone came in looking for it they could give that person our phone number so they could call us.

By the time we got home my phone was ringing. A gentleman said he had dropped the money while returning his cart and he told us exactly how much it was. We gave him our address and he came within an hour to pick up his money. He wanted to give us $40 reward which we refused. It was worth seeing him excited to know that there are still honest folks out there that would return something that didn't belong to them.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Heard of a ladies purse left in a shopping cart in the parking lot at Walmart in California this weekend and the lady who took it is all on camera/video. I hope they catch her. :nono:

Police in St. Mary’s County Seeking Identity of Purse Thief

December 18, 2018

The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the identity of the person pictured.

On Sunday, Dec. 16, 2018 at approximately 8:25 a.m., the suspect took the victim’s purse found in a shopping cart at the California Walmart store.

Anyone with information about the identity of the female suspect or this incident is asked to call Dep. Robert Chase at 301-475-4200, ext. *8079 or email Robert.Chase@stmarysmd.com. CASE# 68124-18

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/445846/police-in-st-marys-county-seeking-identity-of-purse-thief/

Photo in the story.

Last edited:

calvcopf

At the Harris Teeter in California, MD I found a purse with a new model iPhone clearly visible in the purse. It was left in a shopping cart just outside the store. I didn't look through it much, since I didn't want to be accused of taking anything. I took it to the front desk and they said "ok, just leave it on the counter". I set it down and walked away.
I always wondered if the owner got the purse and all of its contents back the way I left them there on the customer service counter.

FED_UP

Finally, a photo that will actually do some good. I hope this lady sees her photo and offers up its return.

It was returned yesterday, how I am not sure. Surely there was some ill intent to do no good at first, or she would have just took it in the store to turn it in.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It was returned yesterday, how I am not sure.
Turned into police but not yet returned by them according to this.

UPDATE: The individual has been identified, and she turned the purse in to the Department of Defense police that same day, However, notification was not made to the victim.

Deputy Chase will be following up to ensure that the victim gets the purse back.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/445846/update-woman-turned-in-purse-to-police-same-day-it-was-found/