Furnace

luvmygdaughters

So, my husband just had a local company come by to do maintenance on our oil furnace. The tech turned the furnace off, said there were holes in the furnace and it had to be replaced immediately, we may be experiencing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning (which we are not). Now we just had maintenance done on it last year, no one saw any holes then. Anyway, we are going to get a 2nd opinion before making any decisions. Any recommendations on who to call?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Boothes takes care of our maintenance.

One of our furnaces developed a hole in the heat exchanger that let combustion exhaust mix with the house air..so it definitely can happen. We noticed a bit of soot around the registers and called the furnace guys to check it out...had to replace that unit. ;-(

luvmygdaughters

Boothes takes care of our maintenance.

One of our furnaces developed a hole in the heat exchanger that let combustion exhaust mix with the house air..so it definitely can happen. We noticed a bit of soot around the registers and called the furnace guys to check it out...had to replace that unit. ;-(

That's who my husband called and the tech told him the same thing. Holes in the furnace, however, we havent seen any soot around the registers. Just a little skeptical and would like to get a 2nd opinion. Thanks.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Get a CO detector and put it near your registers, turn your furnace on, when the blower comes on after the burner you'll know if you have holes...

Urbanite

So, my husband just had a local company come by to do maintenance on our oil furnace. The tech turned the furnace off, said there were holes in the furnace and it had to be replaced immediately, we may be experiencing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning (which we are not). Now we just had maintenance done on it last year, no one saw any holes then. Anyway, we are going to get a 2nd opinion before making any decisions. Any recommendations on who to call?

Yep I second Boothes, they installed an entire new heating/air system for us and I couldn't be happier. They are very nice people and stand behind everything they do, I highly recommend them. Carbon Dioxide is nothing to mess around with for sure .

luvmygdaughters

Decided to go with Boothe. After I got home last night and saw exactly what the tech was talking about, it was a no brainer. They are installing on Thursday and are loaning us two space heaters to use until then, free of charge. The young man who worked with us was extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I am not surprised though, he lives in Piney Point and everyone in Piney Point is friendly...right? Anyway thanks for the suggestions.:buddies:

luvmygdaughters

I absolutely love Boothes Heating and A/C. The furnace was installed in about 4 hours, works great!! I wasnt there when the installation took place, but hubby was, he said they did an outstanding job and very professional!! We will definitely be using them again for HVAC problems. Thanks again for the suggestion!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The young man who worked with us was extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I am not surprised though, he lives in Piney Point and everyone in Piney Point is friendly...right? Anyway thanks for the suggestions.:buddies:

Could have been Ryan... I've yet to meet anyone from Boothe's who was not courteous and professional.

General Lee

I absolutely love Boothes Heating and A/C. The furnace was installed in about 4 hours, works great!! I wasnt there when the installation took place, but hubby was, he said they did an outstanding job and very professional!! We will definitely be using them again for HVAC problems. Thanks again for the suggestion!!

They are professional, but I feel they are getting to big for little man. All their good techs have moved into office jobs. I had young bucks install a new A/C unit and it was nightmare .