seekeroftruth

Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“‘Come out of her, my people,’(b)
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6 Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
7 Give her as much torment and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;[c]
I will never mourn.’
8 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.​

b. Revelation 18:4 Jer. 51:45
c. Revelation 18:7 See Isaiah 47:7,8

Amazingdiscoveries.org makes a comment.

The mighty call, “Come out of her my people,” strengthens as Babylon is reaching the height of her power, the time when she has the universal support of the kings of the earth. In contrast of God’s people who are showing His character of love to the world, the churches of Babylon have begun to persecute God’s commandment-keeping people. They demand the strict enforcement of the Sunday law and call for a death decree upon those who will not obey this man-made edict rather than God’s commandment. God’s people, who are still scattered among many denominations, see the contrast between those who give this message and those who persecute them. They recognize the voice of their Saviour as He calls them out of Babylon.

In Daniel’s time, after seventy years of captivity, God’s people were called to leave their comfortable homes, come out of Babylon and return to Israel. Jeremiah 51:6. When the call is given to come out of spiritual Babylon, God’s people who are in churches will reject Bible truth and approve of sin must give up their comfortable traditions and unBiblical doctrines and come out. Christ says, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” John 10:27.

Babylon views herself as a “queen” ruling over the kings of the earth and no longer powerless. She says I “am no widow;” she sees her rise to power and deems herself secure in heaven’s favor, but her “sins have reached unto heaven.” It is time for God’s judgments to fall.

The seven last plagues now fall on Babylon, the great city, and on all its inhabitants, those who have received the mark of the beast. See Revelation 16. The terms “one hour” and “one day” indicate that the plagues are sudden and only last a relatively short time before Babylon is completely destroyed.

This is from the blueletterbible.org site.

Render to her just as she rendered to you: The ancient Greek word for render (apodidomi) means literally "to pay a debt" or "to give back that which is due." God will give to commercial Babylon exactly what she deserves.

Repay her double according to her works … mix for her double: Double restitution was required in the Old Testament in cases of theft (Exodus 22:4-9). This perhaps is a commentary on how Babylon has made her wealth - through dishonest dealings.

This passage presents a three-fold sin. First, self-indulgence (lived luxuriously). Second, pride (glorified herself … sits as a queen). Third, avoidance of suffering (am no widow, and will not see sorrow). All these things are characteristic of worldliness and materialism.

Therefore her plagues will come in one day: The destruction of commercial Babylon will come suddenly, and with completeness (utterly burned with fire).​

The stock market doesn't generally fair well after a disaster in one of the major hubs. On Tuesday, September 11, 2001.... the stock market didn't even open. No doubt we all heard the pleas for calm before the market opened again.

This will be a total destruction of the business hub in a very short period of time. It only took one day for the towers to fall. The loss of life was horrible.... those souls that thought they had one more day to make their decisions. I still have tremors when I think of those who jumped to their deaths rather than burn up alive.

My grandmother told me that during the first depression... people killed themselves... they could not handle the loss. They jumped out windows and swallowed guns because their "investment" went upside down. All their money.... was gone... nothing to live for....

Wait.... people survived the depression.... people survived the demise of the twin towers..... make no mistake about it... the plagues that are about to rain on the hub.... are unprecedented and survival is doubtful. After all... there is barely any food or water.... and the bullies have it all. You're either part of their gang.... or you starve.

Care for a drink of water? Let me see your dragon stamp!

:coffee: