Nate Silver Dismantles 'Russian Disinformation Stole The Election' Narrative In Tweet Thread

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Statistician Nate Silver — about the last person who'd be accused of riding the Trump train — posted a series of tweets Monday on Russian efforts to mettle in the 2016 election that undermine the premises of the Hillary Clinton-pushed narrative that "Russia stole the election."

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1074823132085673984[/TWITTER]

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1074846918247940096[/TWITTER]

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1074848968188796930[/TWITTER]

Silver's posts have already begun to gain some traction on the right, including over at Twitchy.. The truth is, everything he's arguing has been pointed out numerous times by many on the right for some time. The Russians' various disinformation campaigns appear to have had no clear agenda other than to create chaos and undermine America's democratic process. Fake Russian profiles and Facebook pages didn't just promote pro-Trump rhetoric, they promoted anti-Trump rhetoric, Black Lives Matter events, and other left-wing causes. Their impact is unclear but almost certainly overstated, as Silver argues.

Nate Silver Dismantles 'Russian Disinformation Stole The Election' Narrative In Tweet Thread

:faint:

as I have said REPEATEDLY

The GRU and $ 2 Million Dollars and 12 Trolls From Minsk as the Internet Research Agency

vs

1 or 2 billion dollars spent by Candidate Campaigns, Candidate Parties - Nationally, State and Locally on behalf of Candidates

2 million dollars is a rounding error

transporter

You are putting up a valiant and futile defense of your comrades.

You can repeat your BS as much as you want....doesn't make your OPINION any more believable or relevant.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

You can repeat your BS as much as you want....doesn't make your OPINION any more believable or relevant.

And yet your delusional tirades are believable?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

You can repeat your BS as much as you want .... doesn't make your OPINION any more believable or relevant.

Neither is YOURS .... you have nothing to say about Nate Silvers commentary on the :bs: story line about the Effectiveness of the Russian 'Interference' you attack me instead

the same Nate Silver you trot out evertime you want to make a point about a poll that shows Trump in a negative light

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated, Propaganda or Selfish ..... a Russian Bot, a Russian Troll From Minsk or a "disinformation campaign"

Salmon

Nate Silver is an expert in the field of polling and probabilities. It’s hard not to at least consider his assessments.

SamSpade

To me there's also - the credibility factor.

When you're spending a **BILLION** dollars on a campaign, why in God's name would you go to America's number one ENEMY - for help?
Especially since they're not widely known for having a lot of money or resources.

I mean, wouldn't they be better off asking the Chinese? Or the British? Or the Germans?
You know, SOMEONE with the ability to actually DO something?

Heck even the Canadians. But Russians? It's almost funny, if not tragic.

Maybe they should have asked for help from the Iranians and the North Koreans, too, just to round it all out.

This_person

To me there's also - the credibility factor.

When you're spending a **BILLION** dollars on a campaign, why in God's name would you go to America's number one ENEMY - for help?
Especially since they're not widely known for having a lot of money or resources.

I mean, wouldn't they be better off asking the Chinese? Or the British? Or the Germans?
You know, SOMEONE with the ability to actually DO something?

Heck even the Canadians. But Russians? It's almost funny, if not tragic.

Maybe they should have asked for help from the Iranians and the North Koreans, too, just to round it all out.

View attachment 126290

Hijinx

Just to put this into perspective. Tranny has posted 1900 anti-Trump posts.
5,000 Russian tweets just aren't that many.

And if the general public doesn't pay any more attention to the Russians than we pay to Tranny, it's a pathetic waste of time.