Winning! Brexit version!

transporter

UK economy to slip to seventh biggest in world in 2019: PwC

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain risks slipping from being the world’s fifth-biggest economy to its seventh-largest next year, when it is due to leave the European Union, with France and India on course to overtake it, accountancy firm PwC said.

PwC projected economic growth in 2019 of 1.6 percent for Britain — assuming the country manages to avoid the shock of a no-deal Brexit in March — versus 1.7 percent for France and 7.6 percent for India.

“The UK and France have regularly alternated in having the larger economy, but subdued growth in the UK in 2018 and again in 2019 is likely to tip the balance in France’s favor,” PwC economist Mike Jakeman said.

Britain’s economy slowed and the value of the pound slumped after the 2016 Brexit referendum decision to leave the EU.

Huh...now who would have had the gall to suggest that British growth would slow post-Brexit???? (Hint: every actual economist who was asked to provide a projection!)

nutz

Huh...now who would have had the gall to suggest that British growth would slow post-Brexit???? (Hint: every actual economist who was asked to provide a projection!)

Are we supposed to be using the secret squirrel decoder ring to get that President Trump is somehow involved with this too? Did he collude with the EU to get the UK into this position? Or did his foundation supply funds to France because he likes them better? Oh, oh, oh before he became President, Donald Trump financed the Indian computer geeks who are now controlling the Russians infiltration of social media and tampering with our election processes. :doh:

SamSpade

zErWoBpcroUldLZDcrHGpFSwkMyNx8pqP7K8aUc_7Ys.jpg

Ok - looking at that data - is this a surprise?
This isn't UK collapsing, it's France and India growing.

CPUSA

I'm beginning to believe Tranny comes here every day for free lessons in Economics...
And I also believe Sam Spade should start submitting invoices to Tranny for the educational services he's been providing to him...

Hijinx

I'm beginning to believe Tranny comes here every day for free lessons in Economics...
And I also believe Sam Spade should start submitting invoices to Tranny for the educational services he's been providing to him...

Pearls of wisdom cast out and ignored.