Revelation 19 Hip Hip Hooray!!!

seekeroftruth

Revelation 19:1 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:

“Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
2 for true and just are his judgments.
He has condemned the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”​

3 And again they shouted:

“Hallelujah!
The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.”​

4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried:

“Amen, Hallelujah!”​

5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying:

“Praise our God,
all you his servants,
you who fear him,
both great and small!”​

Amazingdiscoveries.org says this is singing with all their hearts.

Triumphant Praises to God: Revelation 19 begins with a picture of the redeemed saints in heaven singing triumphant praises to God with all their hearts. They are praising God for the justice and righteousness of His judgments on Babylon and for salvation from sin and from the power of Satan. All the heavenly beings join their voices proclaiming “Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.” All heaven is filled with unutterable joy in the love of God and with rejoicing at the eradication of evil from the universe.​

Can I hear the hallelujah chorus.... you betcha....

When I was in the 9th grade... I was in the school choir. I'm an alto and I'm tall so that worked out well... they stuck me in the back. Come to think of it.... maybe that's where my fear of heights began.... anyway... one of our productions was the "Hallelujah Chorus". I remember fondly.... the bell signalling the end of class would sound... and we'd continue to sing while stepping down off the risers, picking up our books, walking out the door.... down the hallway... nearly the whole choir continued to sing... in tune... "And He shall Reign for ever and for ever..... And He shall reign for ever and for ever....."

I heard there were complaints from some of the other teachers that we were too loud. I love that chorus to this day....

This isn't my high school choir.... by any means.... but this is how I hear it this morning.

[video=youtube;BBZ7AfZR9xs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBZ7AfZR9xs[/video]

This is a party breaking out!

All the stubborn stupid impossible humans are gone! Babylon and all the shiny little objects are dust.... YAY!

:coffee: