Honest mistake

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 812
Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Dang. Getting crazy down there in the LP hood..

46500 block of Expedition Drive - that's near Elements. Good for business. Of course from what I've heard, Extended Stays America is not a high class hotel. Definitely not a place you want to recommend to the business traveler or friends.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
46500 block of Expedition Drive - that's near Elements. Good for business. Of course from what I've heard, Extended Stays America is not a high class hotel. Definitely not a place you want to recommend to the business traveler or friends.

Extended Stay had police, ambulance and medics there earlier this afternoon.

glhs837

Power with Control

Coming out of Extended Stay? Which, as you note, doesnt really cater to a base traveler sort of crowd, but more like Super 8. Or did he just crash in that was from Rt235?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Coming out of Extended Stay? Which, as you note, doesnt really cater to a base traveler sort of crowd, but more like Super 8. Or did he just crash in that was from Rt235?
Well guess what, I think they and Motel 6 are in the DTS pilot program. If you follow the rules and let CTO book your room, it could be at one of the finer establishments in the county.
I was hoping the A&E would be on the list, but it wasn't. Of course, they who make the rules don't follow the rules. So it would just be punishment for some poor grunt on orders.
Of course I hear the Holiday Inn Select in Solomons needs some help. Dirty and out of date. But people stay there because they can walk / run on Solomons.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well guess what, I think they and Motel 6 are in the DTS pilot program. If you follow the rules and let CTO book your room, it could be at one of the finer establishments in the county.
I was hoping the A&E would be on the list, but it wasn't. Of course, they who make the rules don't follow the rules. So it would just be punishment for some poor grunt on orders.
Of course I hear the Holiday Inn Select in Solomons needs some help. Dirty and out of date. But people stay there because they can walk / run on Solomons.

My civil servants are rife with "Tales of DTS Horror!!!!!" :) Sometimes it pays to be a lowly stinkin contractor........

BernieP

Resident PIA
My civil servants are rife with "Tales of DTS Horror!!!!!" :) Sometimes it pays to be a lowly stinkin contractor........

Don't laugh to hard, because I have friends, who are contractors, and it's heading their way. Those who don't live by the rules are forcing us mortals to take creative measures to survive.
The pilot program has hotels that will bill at a lower than government per diem rate. What's the A&E get for an hour? Probably why it's not on the list. No tell motel.

glhs837

Power with Control
Don't laugh to hard, because I have friends, who are contractors, and it's heading their way. Those who don't live by the rules are forcing us mortals to take creative measures to survive.
The pilot program has hotels that will bill at a lower than government per diem rate. What's the A&E get for an hour? Probably why it's not on the list. No tell motel.

Just gotta stay within per diem and make sure my hotel is between theirs and the work site.........

BernieP

Resident PIA
Just gotta stay within per diem and make sure my hotel is between theirs and the work site.........

true, but back to the news. Could have been coming or going. Report doesn't say, Not sure if it says where the shooting actually took place. But so nice it's moving out and up the road. Wouldn't want it confined to a few blocks.

glhs837

Power with Control
Crossed my FB feed last night..... seems two female relatives chimed in to explain why "he's a good boy, aint never played with guns", to borrow a bit from Johnny Cash :) I keep refreshing the news pages to see if they pop up there.....

DannyMotorcycle

read the comments on the page.. the idiots are blaming guns and some crap about racism..

yet the news story says it wasn't a random act..

the two people are clearly the reason it happened.. not because anyone had a gun..

something tells me it wasn't this guys first act of violence..

it's really sad that some people are dopey enough to blame the tools and totally ignore the mindset for murder.

why would they think a killer wouldn't just as well use a knife to satisfy his desires? morons.

BernieP

Resident PIA
read the comments on the page.. the idiots are blaming guns and some crap about racism..

yet the news story says it wasn't a random act..

the two people are clearly the reason it happened.. not because anyone had a gun..

something tells me it wasn't this guys first act of violence..

it's really sad that some people are dopey enough to blame the tools and totally ignore the mindset for murder.

why would they think a killer wouldn't just as well use a knife to satisfy his desires? morons.

yep, hence my comment
Interesting they have a name for the "alleged" shooter, even though he has no fixed address.

The People's Democratic State of Maryland can ban all the weapons it wants and two things are for certain;
1. criminals will find a way to acquire weapons
2. something will be turned into a weapon - even if it's a piece of string.

PeoplesElbow

Several years ago one of my China Lake counterparts told me that none of the hotels in the area were under the government rate so he had to stay at some apartment on GMR that someone had setup some how to be considered a hotel in DTS because his boss wouldn't authorize above the standard rate.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Several years ago one of my China Lake counterparts told me that none of the hotels in the area were under the government rate so he had to stay at some apartment on GMR that someone had setup some how to be considered a hotel in DTS because his boss wouldn't authorize above the standard rate.

How did that make it into DTS? I had friends that won a B&B that wanted to get listed in DTS. I don't think it ever happened.

PeoplesElbow

How did that make it into DTS? I had friends that won a B&B that wanted to get listed in DTS. I don't think it ever happened.

Not a clue, when he told me where he was staying I was shocked and that is the explanation he gave me. You could see canopy liquors from his window.

Ever since I been thinking about buying a group of townhouses and calling it a hotel.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not a clue, when he told me where he was staying I was shocked and that is the explanation he gave me. You could see canopy liquors from his window.

Ever since I been thinking about buying a group of townhouses and calling it a hotel.

Wow. Years ago, I had a newly minted GS stay here at PAX from San Diego outside of per diem when there was available lodging within PD. When I shot him down when processing his voucher and he threw a hissy fit because he was a "Manager". Un, no dude. You are not. He had to pay the difference out of pocket. He then blasted me on email with a reply all. That didn't go over very well. I still have that email. :lmao: