Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 3.9%...

  1. #1

    3.9%...

    On Jan 20,2017 the SP500 closed at 2663.69.

    On Dec 24, 2019 the SP500 closed at 2351.10.


    That means the cumulative (not annualized!) return on the SP500 under Donald Trump has been 3.9%.

    Under the last administration, during the same period of time the SP500 went from 805.22 to 1256.77. Or a gain of 56%.

    Is this why Spitbubble isn't posting about the markets anymore?

    Funny I don't see Ivy League Lite posting about the miracle of lower taxes anymore either. Is that because what little bump we got from the tax cuts is already over and the US economy is hurtling back down to its long term expected growth rate of 2-2.5%?

    Even comrade GURPS' attempts to proclaim that even the inept and incompetent squirrel can sometimes produce sustained growth in the natural rate of GDP growth?

    To lead, you have to look forward.

    To manage, you have to have a plan and you have to be surrounded by highly qualified people who are committed to carrying out that plan.

    Trump is neither a leader nor a manager. He is a spoiled little rich girl who can't get her way and the rest of us are suffering her because of her temper tantrums.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    To lead, you have to look forward.

    To manage, you have to have a plan
    You are not pretending to know squat about either of those, are you?
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    On Jan 20,2017 the SP500 closed at 2663.69.

    On Dec 24, 2019 the SP500 closed at 2351.10.


    That means the cumulative (not annualized!) return on the SP500 under Donald Trump has been 3.9%.

    Under the last administration, during the same period of time the SP500 went from 805.22 to 1256.77. Or a gain of 56%.

    Is this why Spitbubble isn't posting about the markets anymore?

    Funny I don't see Ivy League Lite posting about the miracle of lower taxes anymore either. Is that because what little bump we got from the tax cuts is already over and the US economy is hurtling back down to its long term expected growth rate of 2-2.5%?

    Even comrade GURPS' attempts to proclaim that even the inept and incompetent squirrel can sometimes produce sustained growth in the natural rate of GDP growth?

    To lead, you have to look forward.

    To manage, you have to have a plan and you have to be surrounded by highly qualified people who are committed to carrying out that plan.

    Trump is neither a leader nor a manager. He is a spoiled little rich girl who can't get her way and the rest of us are suffering her because of her temper tantrums.
    Name:  average trump hater.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  49.6 KB...
    I want people to have an image in their heads of what you looked like when typing this garbage...

  4. #4
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    44,158
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    On Dec 24, 2019 the SP500 closed at 2351.10.



    Crystal Ball Much ....


    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Even comrade GURPS' attempts to proclaim that even the inept and incompetent squirrel can sometimes produce sustained growth in the natural rate of GDP growth?


    you went off the rails here and forgot one of more thoughts
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  5. #5
    Registered User Yooper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2017
    Location
    SoMD (for now)
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    On Jan 20,2017 the SP500 closed at 2663.69.

    On Dec 24, 2019 the SP500 closed at 2351.10.


    That means the cumulative (not annualized!) return on the SP500 under Donald Trump has been 3.9%.

    Under the last administration, during the same period of time the SP500 went from 805.22 to 1256.77. Or a gain of 56%.

    Is this why Spitbubble isn't posting about the markets anymore?

    Funny I don't see Ivy League Lite posting about the miracle of lower taxes anymore either. Is that because what little bump we got from the tax cuts is already over and the US economy is hurtling back down to its long term expected growth rate of 2-2.5%?

    Even comrade GURPS' attempts to proclaim that even the inept and incompetent squirrel can sometimes produce sustained growth in the natural rate of GDP growth?

    To lead, you have to look forward.

    To manage, you have to have a plan and you have to be surrounded by highly qualified people who are committed to carrying out that plan.

    Trump is neither a leader nor a manager. He is a spoiled little rich girl who can't get her way and the rest of us are suffering her because of her temper tantrums.
    If you widened your reading sources you would find that among the theories put forth about the stock market decline is the idea that the Market is unsure about the INCOMING Democrat majority in the House. If that's true (and we don't quite know about the causation correlation here, but we do know much of the Market decline occurred post-Election Day and that the Market is often a reflection of national anxiety), then the cause would NOT be Trump, but your Leftie buddies.

    --- End of line (MCP)
    "Item, qe nul soit si hardy de crier havok sur peine d'avoir la test coupe."

  6. #6
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    44,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    ... among the theories put forth about the stock market decline is the idea that the Market is unsure about the INCOMING Democrat majority in the House. [/B].

    --- End of line (MCP)


    which is what we had from 8 yrs of OBAMA
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Members who have read this thread: 31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |