Rate a McDonald’s!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmmm, you all sure it beats the L-town one? Thats been my go-to for the worst Macs in St Mars....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I worked in a McDonald's in Indiana for 3 or 4 months in the late 70s when I was a poor college student; the store was within walking distance of my apartment. That place was run like a Swiss watch..a finely tuned machine that could run an entire bus load of orders through in minutes without sacrificing food quality, which was always excellent..or else there was hell to pay. If any drive-through order took more than a minute to fill, the swing manager was on top of the reasons why not in a flash.

I wonder it any of those McDonalds still exist?

glhs837

Power with Control
I worked in a McDonald's in Indiana for 3 or 4 months in the late 70s when I was a poor college student; the store was within walking distance of my apartment. That place was run like a Swiss watch..a finely tuned machine that could run an entire bus load of orders through in minutes without sacrificing food quality, which was always excellent..or else there was hell to pay. If any drive-through order took more than a minute to fill, the swing manager was on top of the reasons why not in a flash.

The one on GMR has moments of greatness.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The one on GMR has moments of greatness.

Last time I went through the drive-thru there, the radiator let go between pay and pickup windows and huge geyser of steam enveloped the entire area with a shrieking sounds as it all escaped the engine. As I limped forward to the pickup window, I looked at the little gal working there, whose eyes were about as wide as saucers, and just shrugged my shoulders...like it happened all the time. ;-P

Grumpy

When I lived in PG (30 yrs ago), late nights I would stop at the McDs on 450 and the beltway. I pulled up to the drive thru, waited..and waited..and waited..Said helloooo quite a few times, finally reached out and tapped on the mic/speaker..and got an angry "What the #### you want?" Didn't bother answering, just left. That was the starting point of I got to get out of PG.

FED_UP

The one in Great Mills has improved with the new upgrades and more employee attention the touch screens and register. So its just a regular fast good joint, nothing exciting. Maybe adding a play zone for kids would boost that place a bit but in that part of Lexington park likely not a good idea. Oh and put the cups out near the kiosk for me to grab, I don't need your fingers on it to hand to me. I trust no fingers, I don't know maybe people are stealing cups, haha. McD near where old K mart was on 235 is ok. Maybe a play ground upgrade could work there too, or option to eat outside at tables on nice sunny days. I go too the one in Prince F about once or twice a month. Drive though is usually long, never really had a long wait inside, but others who go there almost daily have a better insight and it does not sound good at all from the comments.

PeoplesElbow

I have seen a few in the last 15 years or so that are run well, if you notice they almost always have kids working at them, not a bunch of adults that have no other options in life.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have seen a few in the last 15 years or so that are run well, if you notice they almost always have kids working at them, not a bunch of adults that have no other options in life.

The one I worked in was owned and managed at the top level by several very professional adults. The mid-level managers were young(er) but had years of experience in the McDonalds system of doing things. There was a certain pride in a job well done that permeated all the way down to the lowest level...which is where I was; I ran the burger grill.

Different times.....far different times.

General Lee

No, because the quality of people that once ran those do not exist anymore.

I asked our master chief about the McDonalds cheeseburger on his desk. He said it is a leftover from his deployment days when they would stock up on McD's for when they'd be days/weeks on rations because they never "go bad" even left at room temperature. He took the yellow wrapper off of it and showed me... no mold, still smelled just like a McD's cheeseburger.

black dog

Free America

The Bay Bridge McDonalds..