Wicker Furniture

PeoplesElbow

Is wicker fur nature still a thing? Or has it been relegated to the "old lady things" of the world that are no longer in?

I told my mom I would take hers with me to Maryland and sell it on Craigslist since she no longer wants it. This stuff has never even been sat in because "thats not for sitting" and has been inside the house for about 15 years only to be dusted about once a week.

Bobwhite

Is wicker fur nature still a thing? Or has it been relegated to the "old lady things" of the world that are no longer in?

I told my mom I would take hers with me to Maryland and sell it on Craigslist since she no longer wants it. This stuff has never even been sat in because "thats not for sitting" and has been inside the house for about 15 years only to be dusted about once a week.

Is it natural or painted? What pieces does it include? I might be interested in buying it.

PeoplesElbow

Is it natural or painted? What pieces does it include? I might be interested in buying it.

It is natural, has cushions etc. It includes a two person couch, two chairs and a coffee table.

I am back in MD now, and expect to bring it back next time that I go to her place with my truck which will be around tax time.

Bobwhite

It is natural, has cushions etc. It includes a two person couch, two chairs and a coffee table.

I am back in MD now, and expect to bring it back next time that I go to her place with my truck which will be around tax time.

I'm on the board of directors at the condo I live in. There is a gazebo at the front of the building and people like to sit out there when the weather is nice. We frequently run out of seating. Sounds like there is plenty of time and I need to run this by the rest of the board. The main issue is if it will impede pedestrian traffic. I'll have to measure the area that we would put it in. Your furniture might work provided it is standard patio type furniture. Would you mind ball-parking a price for me?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My grandmother loved wicker furniture and had a bunch of it in her Florida home. I inherited it and used it but it does not hold up terribly well over time; I think I've only got one piece left. We alos had a quite a few wicker chairs and side tables on the porch at the club that didn't last very long either...exposed to weather. I like the way it looks in certain settings but not impressed with its longevity...

There used to be a large wicker furniture warehouse sales center on Skinners Turn Rd..don't know if it's still there...

PeoplesElbow

I'm on the board of directors at the condo I live in. There is a gazebo at the front of the building and people like to sit out there when the weather is nice. We frequently run out of seating. Sounds like there is plenty of time and I need to run this by the rest of the board. The main issue is if it will impede pedestrian traffic. I'll have to measure the area that we would put it in. Your furniture might work provided it is standard patio type furniture. Would you mind ball-parking a price for me?

I'll have to talk to her, it has been inside furniture for her that has only been used to to collect junk on.

I don't know if inside and outside wicker is the same thing or not.

I will PM you around the time that I will be going back to her place and if she is on board. Usually when she wants to do something I have to push her to actually do it. Her getting new counter tops took about 4 years of me prodding her to do it.

It looks really similar to this https://www.gothacabre.com/installing-wicker-patio-dining-set/wicker-patio-dining-set-brown/

acommondisaster

FWIW: I just saw a post on Pinterest a couple of days ago "10 styles we hope never come back" or something like that. Wicker was one of the first items listed. Styles come and go. But there's always a buyer for everything.

Bobwhite

Thanks for getting back to me, PE. The area I was going to put it in isn't as large as I had remembered, so I won't be able to use the furniture.

PeoplesElbow

If anyone is interested here is some lovely old lady furniture, oh probably shouldn't say that.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Glad the wife is out and won't see this, she would want me to ask if you would deliver it.

Ken King

PREMO Member
I'm a little bit more than an hr north for this week
Near Fairmont?

If you want to get rid of it the wife said she would love it. I showed her the pics.

I'm pretty sure I could convince my pickup to make it up that way. What do you need for it?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Bridgeport, my mom was wanting $250
Wife said nope, she was saving her extra money for the grandbaby birthdays and a trip to MD next month, She did say that based on the pictures and history of non-use that it was worth every penny.

PeoplesElbow

Wife said nope, she was saving her extra money for the grandbaby birthdays and a trip to MD next month, She did say that based on the pictures and history of non-use that it was worth every penny.
Understood, hope you have a good trip to MD.