Air fryer

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Used ours for first time last night. Pork loin medalions with two different rubs. Awesome.

My sis gave it to us for Christmas because she’s so pleased with hers.

hitchicken

Air fryer is just a convection oven on steroids. It 'toasts' or 'fries' the surface of food using very hot blowing air making it crunchy or crisp. I like mine, but be cautious. On thick foods the surface may look done, but the interior can remain undercooked.

Bonehead

Got one for Christmas and have not used it yet. Not much into fried foods but I know you can cook just about anything in them. I saw a recipe for avocado fries that looked interesting.

Air fryer is just a convection oven on steroids. It 'toasts' or 'fries' the surface of food using very hot blowing air making it crunchy or crisp. I like mine, but be cautious. On thick foods the surface may look done, but the interior can remain undercooked.
I find the easy fix is to just drop the temp. I often cook frozen/raw chicken cordon bleu in ours and I drop it to 340 and it comes out perfect every time.

Last edited:

Clem72

Air fryer is just a convection oven on steroids.

That's not even accurate. The only difference is the form factor (giving you a metal basket like a deep fryer). I have used convection countertop ovens for 40 years. I still have one from the early 90s that has stackable rings so you can make it tall enough to cook a turkey. The old ones "blow" just as hard, and get just as hot or hotter (again, my oldest one goes to 430 degrees).

So it's literally just the fry basket that makes it a "fryer".

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
That's not even accurate. The only difference is the form factor (giving you a metal basket like a deep fryer). I have used convection countertop ovens for 40 years. I still have one from the early 90s that has stackable rings so you can make it tall enough to cook a turkey. The old ones "blow" just as hard, and get just as hot or hotter (again, my oldest one goes to 430 degrees).

So it's literally just the fry basket that makes it a "fryer".

I see them coming to a yard sale near you... very soon