Thread: Taps

Taps

Can you hear it without crying?
    Je suis prest

Never. I tear up by note 3 and in full weep soon there after. Doesn't matter if it is in person or on TV.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Nope. Always have moist eyes.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    I used to work at CincPacFlt, which was just across the street from the Arizona Memorial. One thing I used to love to do when I was working the swing shift was to go out of our spaces, which were accessed on the 3rd deck lanai and head to the corner of the building facing Pearl Harbor. There was an old gun turret there, and I'd stand and listen to colors at sunset - the sun would be setting across the harbor with the Waianai mountain range in the background. Some nights, the memorial and the water around it would look golden. It always felt like there was a hush over the world for those few moments and I couldn't help but feel a little tug at my heart. These days, nearly 40 years later, I'm happy to say that when I take the dogs for a walk in the morning when I get home from work, I can hear the Star Spangled Banner playing across the Potomac at Dahlgren. And yes, we stand and face the music.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

Blog Entries
    Yes, but not in real life. Hollywood uses it as a hamhanded tear jerker tool, which makes me roll my eyes. But when I hear Taps at a real ceremony, I tear up.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Yep played at my father's burial in a vets cemetery.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Members who have read this thread: 45