Exercise bike?

Does anyone have any experience with using an exercise bike while working at a desk?
I work from home so I can set up desk however I want. I.m a website designer so I spend all my working day at the computer.
Has anyone tired this out? From googling it seems more people are using treadmills than bikes.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Does anyone have any experience with using an exercise bike while working at a desk?
I work from home so I can set up desk however I want. I.m a website designer so I spend all my working day at the computer.
Has anyone tired this out? From googling it seems more people are using treadmills than bikes.

San Jose? A bit far from home...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

I used to do so all the time when I worked from home... until my Peloton kicked into a hard sprint in the middle of a VTC Meeting.

:otter:

Stovebolt

Late response ... sorry. But FWIW to others who may be tuning in late ... I work from home, too, which gives a lot of flexibility. I submit, though, that if you are trying to "work out" while also trying to "work" ... you are not very committed to either. For my cardio workout, I use a rowing machine (Concept II). I rowed in high school and in college (and here and there since) so the rowing machine is comfortable to me. But having tried both treadmills and stationary bikes (neither of which I found helpful), I find the rowing machine to be a far superior device when it comes you giving a complete workout of many major muscle groups (cardio, legs, ab, arms) so if you are serious about working out, you might consider it. Mine sits here in the living room and I am on it about 45 minutes to an hour every day. When I am working out, I only do that. When I work, I only do that. If I were to try to do both, I'd not give either one a very good effort (that my body needs and my boss expects). I am 56 y/0 and at my target weight for my age. My BP is normal and my resting heart rate is usually 60 or less. At my last check up, my cardiologist asked me (after examining me and looking at the ekg) why I was there. :)

Of course, to be truly effective and accomplish something, a good work out program has to be coupled with a good nutrition plan, otherwise you are wasting your time and effort.

And as with anything in life worth doing, repeating it makes it a habit. Habits lead to life style changes. It took me two years to get to the point where I don't just want to get on it every day, I have to. :) Especially if I want a beer (or three) on Friday ;)

Good luck!