rough traffic year so far...

GregV814

serious crashes reported almost daily...slow down folks...the drivers of the dirtbikes in Dunkirk, the near catastrophe at Mexico, the crash last night at the 2/4 split....holy cow...

Hannibal

Dealt with two in the past 12 hours. On the way home from Baltimore yesterday afternoon, they had 695 shutdown and diverted through Arbutus due to an accident that dropped dirt all over the highway. No idea about severity of the accident any injuries. Was a nice 2.5 hour commute.

And this morning, I headed out a little late (about 530) due to planning to hit a field meeting in Baltimore at 7am. Stopped to buy coffee and donuts for the guys in Edgewater and proceeded to 50 to 97. I ended up stopped on the onramp to 97. I was pissed as it was another likely "fender bender" on 97N where the cops parked all over the road essentially shutting it down and I was again going to have to endure an abnormally lengthy commute. As traffic finally started to move, I came upon the accident and on the left shoulder was a single car (motorcycle?) pretty mangled up and just past it was a white sheet draped over some unfortunate soul (at least that is how it appeared). To be honest, I felt like an ass after complaining about "my commute" and the inconvenience to my day. I am sure there were a few people whose day was far worse.

I need to see if I can find out what happened to see it was as tragic as it appeared.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
serious crashes reported almost daily...slow down folks...the drivers of the dirtbikes in Dunkirk, the near catastrophe at Mexico, the crash last night at the 2/4 split....holy cow...

not speed, in some cases I'd say lack of speed
Just plain stupid / ignorance

When you are driving under the posted speed limit in the middle or left lane you can expect traffic to pile up behind you, particularly when you don't maintain a constant speed the vehicle behind you will close the distance.
Braking for no reason only makes the situation more dangerous.
But don't worry, make that left turn from the middle lane or even the right lane because you couldn't wait.

Just bad driving. Yes, there are people racing, which is different than traffic flowing over the posted limit.
But no lights , no signals, random lane changes, running red lights - yes, you are required to stop and YEILD before making that right turn on red.
Driving with the attitude that might makes right - I have the bigger vehicle.
Driving with a chip on your shoulder - "did you just pass me while I was on the phone!!!!" "I'll show you, I'm going to block you from chaning lanes again".

A whole host of plain bad driving, inconsiderate, ignorant and down right dangerous.

stgislander

PREMO Member
not speed, in some cases I'd say lack of speed
Just plain stupid / ignorance

When you are driving under the posted speed limit in the middle or left lane you can expect traffic to pile up behind you, particularly when you don't maintain a constant speed the vehicle behind you will close the distance.
Braking for no reason only makes the situation more dangerous.
But don't worry, make that left turn from the middle lane or even the right lane because you couldn't wait.

Just bad driving. Yes, there are people racing, which is different than traffic flowing over the posted limit.
But no lights , no signals, random lane changes, running red lights - yes, you are required to stop and YEILD before making that right turn on red.
Driving with the attitude that might makes right - I have the bigger vehicle.
Driving with a chip on your shoulder - "did you just pass me while I was on the phone!!!!" "I'll show you, I'm going to block you from changing lanes again".

A whole host of plain bad driving, inconsiderate, ignorant and down right dangerous.

Ran into that last night around 9:45pm driving home from the movies. The vehicle was "hesitant" making the turn from Rt 5NB onto Rt 249, and did not exceed 40 MPH the length of Rt249. Average speed was about 35 MPH. Wasn't having difficulty maintaining their lane, but wouldn't pull over to allow the pack behind them to pass. I imagine if LE was in the pack, they would have been pulled over to see what's up.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, slowing down has far less to do with it than just crappy driving. I'm constantly agog at what people do.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I was half listening to the scanner chatter about the Mexico restaurant incident however I have seen nothing about it on either of the online news sites. Nixle alert last night but again, nothing in the news.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I was half listening to the scanner chatter about the Mexico restaurant incident however I have seen nothing about it on either of the online news sites. Nixle alert last night but again, nothing in the news.

so spill, what happened at the Mexico restaurant last night?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Ran into that last night around 9:45pm driving home from the movies. The vehicle was "hesitant" making the turn from Rt 5NB onto Rt 249, and did not exceed 40 MPH the length of Rt249. Average speed was about 35 MPH. Wasn't having difficulty maintaining their lane, but wouldn't pull over to allow the pack behind them to pass. I imagine if LE was in the pack, they would have been pulled over to see what's up.

nah, if it was MSP they would have waited for someone to pass and then nailed the passer for something (speeding).

GregV814

Some motorist hit the Mexico sign after leaving rt. 4, hit several parked cars on the lot and then hit the “abandoned” motel.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Some motorist hit the Mexico sign after leaving rt. 4, hit several parked cars on the lot and then hit the “abandoned” motel.

On the scanner, it did not say (or I did not hear) what building was hit. Smeco was notified because it knocked the power out.