If the Purge were real,

BernieP

Resident PIA
More information is needed.

I thnk someone has an axe to grind with BOA. If they were really worried about one bank that people might be angry with, one look at the news and Wells Fargo pops more often.
There are legit leagal claims that the Feds filed on behalf of costumers.

xobxdoc

I thnk someone has an axe to grind with BOA. If they were really worried about one bank that people might be angry with, one look at the news and Wells Fargo pops more often.
There are legit leagal claims that the Feds filed on behalf of costumers.
You cant remedy any issues now at your local branch. You have to go through their call centers, spend a lot of time on hold waiting for someone that cant help you but can transfer you to someone that can after more lengthy holds.
Someone created an obvious phony check made out to me with the name spelled wrong and obvious forgery of my signature. A B of A bank teller in Philadelphia approved that transaction, the check , of course bounced and $1900 was removed from my account. They are investigating me now to ensure I was not involved. So that was an awesome Christmas kick in the balls. They also charged me a bounced check fee and confiscated my savings account. Their investigation is at least 2 months. I'm pretty sure the local branches only purpose is for people without online banking access.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You cant remedy any issues now at your local branch. You have to go through their call centers, spend a lot of time on hold waiting for someone that cant help you but can transfer you to someone that can after more lengthy holds.
Someone created an obvious phony check made out to me with the name spelled wrong and obvious forgery of my signature. A B of A bank teller in Philadelphia approved that transaction, the check , of course bounced and $1900 was removed from my account. They are investigating me now to ensure I was not involved. So that was an awesome Christmas kick in the balls. They also charged me a bounced check fee and confiscated my savings account. Their investigation is at least 2 months. I'm pretty sure the local branches only purpose is for people without online banking access.

OMG, are you kidding?? So they are hosing you over the incompetency of their teller?? Did you contact a lawyer?

TCROW

I hope the police are investigating as well as the bank, as one or possibly two crimes were committed. The teller could have been part of the theft scheme. When you say a phony check, are you saying a forged facsimile of your check, or did someone steal a blank check from you? As another said, I'd also lawyer up.

I recognize that "community banking" is no longer a thing. It's unfortunate you have to deal with this. Regulations on banks have really strained profits in many ways. Some banks are getting creative in making up for that lost revenue, attaching fees to every damn thing, and cutting back on services and whatnot. Ultimately, it has cost them a lot and customers a lot. Used to be I'd walk in to my local branch and it was like Norm walking into Cheers; they knew my and everyone's name. Now banks are practically conglomerates, and tellers get hired to become managers or loan officers or jump jobs fairly quickly. And they move around a lot from branch to branch, so they never know you and you never know them.

I am very thankful that I was able to become a Navy Federal customer because of my work for the Navy (civilian). They take very good care of me.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The OP's situation really sucks and yes, it sounds like the teller may have been part of it. It's not like that hasn't happened before!

Our personal accounts are with Navy Fed and they caught a fraud transaction and called me at 8:30 AM; right after the cops had been at my house for my report of an ex employee that decided to help herself to all the cards in my wallet and for my business checking account. I wish it was more convenient for me to bank with them for my business.

But, I have banked with PNC in Solomons for several years. They all know who I am and do not have a large turn over. The bank manager and many of the staff have been there for as long as I can remember. And I hope it stays that way!

xobxdoc

I hope the police are investigating as well as the bank, as one or possibly two crimes were committed. The teller could have been part of the theft scheme. When you say a phony check, are you saying a forged facsimile of your check, or did someone steal a blank check from you? As another said, I'd also lawyer up.

I recognize that "community banking" is no longer a thing. It's unfortunate you have to deal with this. Regulations on banks have really strained profits in many ways. Some banks are getting creative in making up for that lost revenue, attaching fees to every damn thing, and cutting back on services and whatnot. Ultimately, it has cost them a lot and customers a lot. Used to be I'd walk in to my local branch and it was like Norm walking into Cheers; they knew my and everyone's name. Now banks are practically conglomerates, and tellers get hired to become managers or loan officers or jump jobs fairly quickly. And they move around a lot from branch to branch, so they never know you and you never know them.

I am very thankful that I was able to become a Navy Federal customer because of my work for the Navy (civilian). They take very good care of me.

They created a check from a financial institution in NYC payable to me with my name misspelled. They cashed it in Philly with my account backing it up. The day that check was generated, I made a purchase over the phone with i-gourmet, a gift basket company outside Philly.
I got an alert on my phone of a debit hold on my checking account for the 1900. It showed processing. I immediately called b of a and told them. They said they cant get any information until it finishes processing but it was probably something I did and not to worry.

xobxdoc

And they did not have to show proof to cash a check for $1900? That isn't right!

I got this processing alert after banking hours and the fraud department did nothing and let it process. The next morning the money was gone.
I know eventually I'll get this back but the hoops I have to jump through is unbelievable. Just yesterday i had a refund from a purchase apply to my frozen account and to get it transferred to my new account i was on hold 51 minutes.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I got this processing alert after banking hours and the fraud department did nothing and let it process. The next morning the money was gone.
I know eventually I'll get this back but the hoops I have to jump through is unbelievable. Just yesterday i had a refund from a purchase apply to my frozen account and to get it transferred to my new account i was on hold 51 minutes.

Than really sucks.
Fraud is so common these days. Straight from the cops: the banks and credit card companies usually do not investigate; they just write it off and who pays the bill? We, the consumers do.

BernieP

Resident PIA
OMG, are you kidding?? So they are hosing you over the incompetency of their teller?? Did you contact a lawyer?

Ok, I now feel the pain, two words, "CALL CENTER". I freaking hate them, first you have to go through the automated section first, typically the problem you are calling about is not a menu option.
I like so much the "in your words, describe the problem, you can use such words as, "I want to pay my bill".

If you can get through to a human, they have a problem with english.

By the end of the call you want to shoot yourself.