Proverbs 3 Big headed

seekeroftruth

Proverbs 3:Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.​

This is from bible-studys.org.

The most dangerous thing, if you are trying to succeed in the world, is to get satisfied with yourself. A person cannot grow when he gets this attitude. When we rely upon our self, we are always disappointed. No one likes a know-it-all or a conceited person. We must remain humble. What little knowledge that we do have is because of God's generosity towards us.

Fear of the Lord will take away all arrogance and pride. In the first few verses of Proverbs, we learned that the fear of the Lord is true wisdom. Fear here could be looked at again as reverence or high praise. Give God the glory for it all.

The strength here is in the marrow, the inner parts. God is promising physical well-being for those who live wisely according to His will. Such physical well-being is what David forfeited before he confessed that he had sinned against Bath-sheba and Uriah.

Many illnesses are brought on by sins as we said before, not all illness, but some. Good clean living seems to assist in good health. For sure, good clean living brings a clear conscience and no regrets. When the spirit of man is healthy, it helps with the physical health, as well.

Exodus 15:26, "And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statues, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee."

Stress is a horrible thing to deal with on a daily basis. Stress causes muscles to tense.... and tense muscles hurt. That hurt is not the "ouch" type of pain..... stress hurt is the "oh man I hurt all over" dull pain... and that dull pain causes more muscle tensing. Stress also causes problems in the digestive system.... gas, acid, and pain.... are not a good dessert. Take it from me... two things old people deal with on a daily basis.... like professionals might I add.... are stress and pain. Our bodies ache at the whim of the weather.... we can see problems brewing before the kids see it... and we're stuck letting them "make their own way". So... our advice goes ignored and we get more stress and pain.

Night before last I had a nightmare about one of my kids. It woke me up and I could not get it out of my head. I tried to get back to sleep... but the nightmare was still bugging me so bad... I just couldn't get back to sleep.... that's when I had a "duh" moment and decided to pray. I prayed that God would handle this problem.... I prayed that God would bless the kids involved in this problem.... and I prayed that God would put my mind at ease and let me sleep a little more.

Well I did get right back to sleep after my prayer.... but when I woke... the gnawing at my mind wasn't over.... God hadn't gotten to that part yet. I kept telling myself God was working on it.... and tried not to loose faith... I mean.. this problem was a minor one... it normally wouldn't have bugged me... let alone give me nightmares. It bugged me all day long... PM's and IM's went unanswered. My daughter works nights so it's not unusual for her not to answer right away. Then... right about the time I was pulling down the bedspread, the phone rang.... and she had excellent news.... the problem was solved... and on top of that... she was giddy! She was so happy she was giddy! And so were the others involved.

I thanked God before I went to sleep.... and I slept fabulously last night. God is so good...

So IMHO.....these verses say.... Don't get all big headed about yourself. Let God handle things.... it's less stressful!​

:coffee: