Boston Mayor’s Office to Force Doctors to Identify and Document Patients Who Own Guns

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Under the Tsar, Russia was one of the most heavily armed societies on earth. That all changed when Stalin and the communists took control. Stalin was able to control, starve, punish and imprison a defenseless people… after he took their guns.

The Boston Mayor’s Office is pushing a new program to force doctors to identify and document patients who have guns in their homes.

They say it is so they can help the people.
So did Hitler and the Soviets.

Democrats will not stop until they have total control of your life.

Boston Mayor’s Office to Force Doctors to Identify and Document Patients Who Own Guns

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...scussions-drug-treatment-on-mayor-walshs.html

Involving doctors in gun safety: This act would require medical professionals to ask patients about guns in the home, and bring up the topics of gun safety. The goal, Boston Police Commissioner William Gross said, is to identify those at risk for domestic violence, suicide or child access to guns in order to guide people to mental health counseling, resources or other help. “We’re just asking them to help identify ways to save lives,” Gross said.

The fact that a patient owns guns would not be put in their medical record, and is not intended to have physicians help solve crimes.

Chief of Health and Human Services Marty Martinez said that while the program is already common practice at many of the city’s community health centers, legislation would broaden the program statewide.

Reducing barriers for foreign-trained health professionals: The state would study ways to reduce the barriers that foreign-trained health professionals face in trying to secure health care jobs in Massachusetts. According to Eva Millona, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition, one in five foreign-trained health workers is underemployed or unemployed.

“This is a waste of talent,” Millona said. “We haven’t spent a dime educating them … (We should) make sure those barriers to licensing are addressed in a way it serves our economy.”

BOP

I wonder if they're going to ask people of color, or the multitudes of illegal aliens who use emergency rooms and free clinics as their primary care-givers.

TCROW

I don't think this is just a Boston thing. My Dr. asks me at least once a year for the last 10 or so. My answer is always the same: "None of your damn business."