NBC reporters showed they know as much about saws as they do AR-15s.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The NBC report said, "A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools."

Common tools?

My readers take care of me and one of my favorites called NBC out.

He wrote, "Cleary these were cut with an acetylene torch (one tank of acetylene and one tank of oxygen each weighting about 70 plus pounds) something every illegal immigrant brings along as he comes to sneak into our country.

"How stupid of NBC. I guess a New Yorker would swallow this but a good ole boy from West Virginia does not. More Fake News Follies (that sounds like a good book title)."

NBC's myth of sawing through the wall

in defense of Common Sense, there are SMALLER Tanks ...
IMHO nobody is going to be humping the smaller tanks through the desert to cut through the fence ...
Even if someone did, this is not a quick task ... and better served with Explosives

glhs837

Power with Control
So where does one get a copy of this report that everyone seems to have read. I digest and regurgitate technical reports for money, would love to see this one.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've had one for 20 yrs ... and a mig, and 80 gal air compressor ...

I have one in the shop and one on the truck. If by "common tools", they meant some wetbacks in a car carrying an oxy-acetylene rig...sure, I can see that.

That's why all barriers have various types of human and remote sensing overwatch. Check out the one between North and South Korea...and how many (few) people have successfully manged to get through it.

Last edited:

Hijinx

I have a small plumbers edition of an acetylene torch the bottles are pretty small,but I wouldn't want to carry it a thousand miles so I could cut through a border fence.
Given enough time any fence can be breached. A reciprocating saw would probably do it if you had enough blades, batteries and time.

The fence must be watched and guarded, that is only common sense.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Check out the one between North and South Korea ... and how many (few) people have successfully manged to get through it.

I was there 87 - 88 ... the center line is wide open, but yeah towers along the way

there is a reason the NORKS dug tunnels ...

hitchicken

I don't like the slat design. It still allows drugs, money, weapons and newborns with soft skulls to be pushed through.