Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 800,000

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    It would take about 5 seconds to reallocate some of the massive amount of money we send to foreign countries in "aid". But the Democrats would rather send our money to some third world #### hole or Arab oil king than secure our border and make Americans safer..

$32 BILLION a year we send to other countries, not including military aid. I can't think of a reason why we can't take $6B or even $10B off that for our border security.

Fun fact: The US is the world's largest foreign aid donor. We outspend #2 (Germany) by $10B a year.
    I can think of about 10 other ways to come up with that money right off the top of my head.

So really, Democrats. Quit your ####ing crying and fund the wall.
    Don’t forget the other domestic money pits; welfare fraud, prison reform, “education” money that never covers the tab, tax dollars for pro/semi-pro sports complexes, etc..etc.Or the latest and greatest, swapping historic park land around to make way for a pro sports venue.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    So that's the number that keeps getting thrown around: 800,000.

800,000 employees who won't get paid today. A good number have actually rendered their service and provided their knowledge and time to their employer. Those who aren't deemed essential have essentially been laid off.

Those 800,000 American families aren't getting a paycheck today.

Additionally, there are many more thousands of families and small business whose income is being impacted because those 800,00 federal employees aren't getting paid.

These people won't get back pay from anyone....they are the one who will truly get screwed.

And why is this happening? Because our inept, incompetent and unfit president needs a different story to lead the news cycle. That is really what this comes down to. Trump, who a lot of really, really dumb people think is some sort of masterful businessman and negotiator, has decided to shut down part of his business (the US govt) because he knows that Mueller, Cohen, Flynn and Comey would be the lead story on the cable channels otherwise.

There is no crisis at the Southern border....you could have made that claim 20 years ago, but not now.

Our secondary crisis today is a crisis of leadership.

Our primary crisis to is one of ignorance. People, in general, are too lazy (some just too stoopid) to read reports, look up facts or listen to educated experts. The internet has unleashed a tidal wave of lazy, gullible and not very intelligent people into a system that was messy to begin with.

800,000 American families today are paying for YOUR ignorance and YOUR stupidity. Think about that for a moment. You got the govt YOU voted for (or in the case of comrade GURPS, he got the govt he propagandized for)
    Actually it is happening because Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi would rather piss away several billions on a shut down than give President Trump $5 billion for a wall.
    Last edited by Hijinx; 01-11-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    I was talking to a furloughed govy yesterday about it, bitching like crazy. I told him to call Steny and tell him to compromise.
    What was the response?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

Please pin this for future reference

Pinned, as requested.....

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    What was the response?
    I don't know what his friend's response would be, but I know Steny's response.
    I will be for giving the money for the wall when Nancy tells me it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    FTFY.

IN case you were wondering - I'm one of those guys not getting a check.
    Fortunately - I knew the Democrats would be dicks about this, and I took out a loan two months ago.
    So I'm prepared. All they have to do is say, they're willing to make a concession.
    are you prepared for this to go a year or longer like trump has threatened?

They better do it quick, because if Trump succeeds with his national emergency funding - their bargaining chip is GONE.
    And they look like fools.

Claiming there's no crisis at the border would be like claiming there's no crisis in any of the natural disaster areas of the last twenty years -
    on the basis of - it was a long time ago. We've HAD one, and we need to solve it once and for all.

The Democrats fear their gravy train is about to be derailed -and they're pulling out all the stops.
    We all better watch out if trump succeds with the national emergency scam. What will be the next 'national emergency', deaths from alcohol, guns, perscription drugs? trump could use the same idiotic with respect to those issues.. Even if you are willing to accept trump abusing his power you have to remember that this will set the precedent that all future presidents can and will use.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

[QUOTE=Midnightrider;5959736]HaHa, abuse of authority.. You guys pull all the stops when a white guy tries to follow the rules.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    I was talking to a furloughed govy yesterday about it, bitching like crazy. I told him to call Steny and tell him to compromise.
    Everyone in St Marys, Charles and Calvert thats furlowed should show up at his house at dinner time tonight... I'm sure Ernest will let everyone park in his fields..
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    HaHa, abuse of authority.. You guys pull all the stops when a white guy tries to follow the rules.
    What rule would he be following? The trends show that illegal immigration is down. How can there all of a sudden be a National Emergency?
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    How can there all of a sudden be a National Emergency?

you obviously have not been watching the news

if is not the VOLUME of people, but who and what is showing up
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    you obviously have not been watching the news

if is not the VOLUME of people, but who and what is showing up
    who and what are showing up now that were not showing up for the last decade?

Members who have read this thread: 38