Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: 800,000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    800,000

    So that's the number that keeps getting thrown around: 800,000.

    800,000 employees who won't get paid today. A good number have actually rendered their service and provided their knowledge and time to their employer. Those who aren't deemed essential have essentially been laid off.

    Those 800,000 American families aren't getting a paycheck today.

    Additionally, there are many more thousands of families and small business whose income is being impacted because those 800,00 federal employees aren't getting paid.

    These people won't get back pay from anyone....they are the one who will truly get screwed.

    And why is this happening? Because our inept, incompetent and unfit president needs a different story to lead the news cycle. That is really what this comes down to. Trump, who a lot of really, really dumb people think is some sort of masterful businessman and negotiator, has decided to shut down part of his business (the US govt) because he knows that Mueller, Cohen, Flynn and Comey would be the lead story on the cable channels otherwise.

    There is no crisis at the Southern border....you could have made that claim 20 years ago, but not now.

    Our secondary crisis today is a crisis of leadership.

    Our primary crisis to is one of ignorance. People, in general, are too lazy (some just too stoopid) to read reports, look up facts or listen to educated experts. The internet has unleashed a tidal wave of lazy, gullible and not very intelligent people into a system that was messy to begin with.

    800,000 American families today are paying for YOUR ignorance and YOUR stupidity. Think about that for a moment. You got the govt YOU voted for (or in the case of comrade GURPS, he got the govt he propagandized for)

  2. #2
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    44,158
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Because our inept, incompetent and unfit president needs a different story to lead the news cycle. That is really what this comes down to. Trump, who a lot of really, really dumb people think is some sort of masterful businessman and negotiator, has decided to shut down part of his business (the US govt) because he knows that Mueller, Cohen, Flynn and Comey would be the lead story on the cable channels otherwise.
    Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION


    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    There is no crisis at the Southern border .... you could have made that claim 20 years ago, but not now.

    Media had no problem calling it a border 'crisis' in 2014 under Obama


    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Our secondary crisis today is a crisis of leadership.

    Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION


    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Our primary crisis to is one of ignorance. People, in general, are too lazy (some just too stoopid) to read reports, look up facts or listen to educated experts. The internet has unleashed a tidal wave of lazy, gullible and not very intelligent people into a system that was messy to begin with.
    Yeah because INSULTING People makes your point so much more cognizant

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    800,000 American families today are paying for YOUR ignorance and YOUR stupidity. Think about that for a moment. You got the govt YOU voted for
    Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Assumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    (or in the case of comrade GURPS, he got the govt he propagandized for)

    and you continue to invalidate ANY Point you had to make with your continued Ad Hominem Attacks

    if your entire raison d'être is to show the forum how SMART you are, why do you continue to insulting everyone your arrogance does not make YOUR Point anymore valid
    Last edited by GURPS; 01-11-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  3. #3
    It'll be Fine... PrchJrkr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    7D
    Posts
    9,012
    I just hope you are one of them...

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,220
    Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    I just hope you are one of them...
    Doubtful, though I do wonder how much Soros money she can collect and not have it affect her welfare benefits.
    “I think it's awesome that the progs are losing their hivemind over the farts of a teenager.” - Vrai

  5. #5
    If only Nancy Pelolsi would look at those poor 800,000 people and the millions impacted by their pain, and just put forth the same legislation that passed the House before the end of 2018, and Chuckles Schumer would just get a couple of his folks to vote for cloture so it would also pass the Senate, then those people would all be better off.

    I mean, their lack of leadership in doing this has cost far more than the $5B being requested, so they are actually costing more money, hurting more people, by not just giving the president what he needs to execute a 13 year-old law (Secure Fence Act of 2006). It's not like he's asking to change anything, just do what Congress voted for (including the aforementioned Minority "Leader" Schumer) 13 years ago.

    If only Democrats would show some leadership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    So that's the number that keeps getting thrown around: 800,000.

    800,000 employees who won't get paid today. A good number have actually rendered their service and provided their knowledge and time to their employer. Those who aren't deemed essential have essentially been laid off.

    Those 800,000 American families aren't getting a paycheck today.

    Additionally, there are many more thousands of families and small business whose income is being impacted because those 800,00 federal employees aren't getting paid.

    These people won't get back pay from anyone....they are the one who will truly get screwed.

    And why is this happening? Because our inept, incompetent and unfit CONGRESS won't allow a plugged nickel for a wall they were FOR only a year ago.
    A position that can only be justified by political posturing, since it is an about face from their previous position - unless they were FOR a government
    expense that is needlessly expensive, pointless and immoral, NONE of which I'd dispute, from past observation.
    FTFY.

    IN case you were wondering - I'm one of those guys not getting a check.
    Fortunately - I knew the Democrats would be dicks about this, and I took out a loan two months ago.
    So I'm prepared. All they have to do is say, they're willing to make a concession.
    They better do it quick, because if Trump succeeds with his national emergency funding - their bargaining chip is GONE.
    And they look like fools.

    Claiming there's no crisis at the border would be like claiming there's no crisis in any of the natural disaster areas of the last twenty years -
    on the basis of - it was a long time ago. We've HAD one, and we need to solve it once and for all.

    The Democrats fear their gravy train is about to be derailed -and they're pulling out all the stops.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

  7. #7
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    44,158
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I knew the Democrats would be dicks about this .....


    Trump offered to comprise - give me a border wall I'll give you something ... chancy said ####you

    so here we are
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  8. #8
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    128,542
    Blog Entries
    2
    It would take about 5 seconds to reallocate some of the massive amount of money we send to foreign countries in "aid". But the Democrats would rather send our money to some third world #### hole or Arab oil king than secure our border and make Americans safer..

    $32 BILLION a year we send to other countries, not including military aid. I can't think of a reason why we can't take $6B or even $10B off that for our border security.

    Fun fact: The US is the world's largest foreign aid donor. We outspend #2 (Germany) by $10B a year.

    I can think of about 10 other ways to come up with that money right off the top of my head.

    So really, Democrats. Quit your ####ing crying and fund the wall.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  9. #9
    Bird Dog Bird Dog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    6,410
    I was talking to a furloughed govy yesterday about it, bitching like crazy. I told him to call Steny and tell him to compromise.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas.....

    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Beers at Krakken bar with Bird Dog. For all of you who wondered, he's normal. :jet:

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    I was talking to a furloughed govy yesterday about it, bitching like crazy. I told him to call Steny and tell him to compromise.
    What was the response?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

Members who have read this thread: 38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |