Grace Meng (D-NY) says she’ll be introducing a bill tomorrow that seeks to stop Trump

SamSpade

How do you craft and pass a bill to prevent such a thing?
I mean, do you pass a bill forbidding the President from ever doing it - or just Trump?
And who's going to SIGN it?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How do you craft and pass a bill to prevent such a thing?
I mean, do you pass a bill forbidding the President from ever doing it - or just Trump?
And who's going to SIGN it?

I'm thinking it would not pass Constitutional Muster ... but yeah who in the Senate would vote for such a bill

Like the 'you cannot fire Muller' Bill

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It would be nice if these people would actually know a little something about government and how it works before they, you know, become part of the system.

I have no doubt this woman is just trying to get her name in the news. Who ever heard of her before this very day? Unfortunately she's doing it by wasting our time and money.

SamSpade

It would be nice if these people would actually know a little something about government and how it works before they, you know, become part of the system.

I have no doubt this woman is just trying to get her name in the news. Who ever heard of her before this very day? Unfortunately she's doing it by wasting our time and money.

See, that is what I don't get. She's served three terms and is a forty-something lawyer. She should and likely DOES know how it works.

So why do it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, that is what I don't get. She's served three terms and is a forty-something lawyer. She should and likely DOES know how it works.

So why do it?

Publicity. Had you ever heard that woman's name before this? Clearly her constituents (she reps Queens) are ignorant, or they wouldn't have elected her in the first place. So she goes out there, grandstands a bit, her voters go, "Yeah! Dat ting she sed!" and everyone goes back about their business.

Rommey

FYI:
H.R.522 - To prohibit the creation of manufactured emergencies in order to build border walls.
As of 01/17/2019 text has not been received for H.R.522 - To prohibit the creation of manufactured emergencies in order to build border walls.