Thread: Comrade Bill de Blasio vows to seize buildings of landlords who displease him

Comrade Bill de Blasio vows to seize buildings of landlords who displease him

Everyone (rightly) concerned over Donald Trumps threat to take control of the border wall situation through executive powers should also give New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio a listen. Because de Blasios on a power trip of his own:

More from Reason:

The citys worst landlords will have a new sheriff to fear, de Blasio said, calling the new agency (which he created on the spot by signing an executive order) a new arm of city government that will root out the worst landlord abuse.

As the New York Daily News notes, the city already has an Office of Tenant Advocate. However, it has not yet been funded, according to the Progressive Caucus of the New York City Council.

Comrade Bill de Blasio vows to seize buildings of landlords who displease him
    Were tempted to suggest a conspiracy here but its just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply cant conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.

He must be taking lessons from Maduro.....it’s working great in Venezuela
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas.....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Beers at Krakken bar with Bird Dog. For all of you who wondered, he's normal. :jet:

Blog Entries
    I read this story yesterday and (this is hard for me) agree with de Blasio. He's talking about slumlords with crumbling tenements and situations unsafe for humans to live in.

Of course, it's a slippery slope. And, well, he is a Democrat after all, so I have no doubt he's licking his chops over confiscation and planning to declare Trump Tower unfit. But I agree with his premise.

Honestly, I wish people who live in #### holes like New York, LA, Baltimore, and Chicago would travel more and see how people live in Lincoln, NE or Oklahoma City or Nashville, TN or Des Moines, IA. They would never go back to their filthy crime infested cities.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    But I agree with his premise.

yeah it all sounds nice, we all know how this will play out ... not so depressed properties get confiscated because a friend of Guido needs the lot to expand the next mini mall
    Were tempted to suggest a conspiracy here but its just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply cant conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.

Members who have read this thread: 19