Comrade Bill de Blasio vows to ‘seize’ buildings of landlords who displease him

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Everyone (rightly) concerned over Donald Trump’s threat to take control of the border wall situation through executive powers should also give New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio a listen. Because de Blasio’s on a power trip of his own:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/chayesmatthew/status/1083411111750324225[/TWITTER]

More from Reason:

“The city’s worst landlords will have a new sheriff to fear,” de Blasio said, calling the new agency (which he created on the spot by signing an executive order) a “new arm of city government that will root out the worst landlord abuse.”

As the New York Daily News notes, the city already has an Office of Tenant Advocate. However, it has not yet been funded, according to the Progressive Caucus of the New York City Council.

Comrade Bill de Blasio vows to ‘seize’ buildings of landlords who displease him

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I read this story yesterday and (this is hard for me) agree with de Blasio. He's talking about slumlords with crumbling tenements and situations unsafe for humans to live in.

Of course, it's a slippery slope. And, well, he is a Democrat after all, so I have no doubt he's licking his chops over confiscation and planning to declare Trump Tower unfit. But I agree with his premise.

Honestly, I wish people who live in #### holes like New York, LA, Baltimore, and Chicago would travel more and see how people live in Lincoln, NE or Oklahoma City or Nashville, TN or Des Moines, IA. They would never go back to their filthy crime infested cities.