Charges Against Muhammad Dropped

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
how could be be tried in one court when he's already in the process of being tried in another? :confused: I don't think it was an issue of it not being "speedy"; rather, the murderer was busy being tried for other murders. :rolleyes:

so smalltown, should we scratch "better judicial system" off that list of reasons why "It's better in VA"? :shrug:

Toxick

Splat
Whoa, whoa, WHOA!

Let me first say that tossing the Constitution out the window because it's inconvenient is most definitely not the way to argue this. Civil rights should never be ignored.

Ever.

If they throw this POS's civil rights out the window, who's to say that mine won't be thrown out next? Or yours? Just because "we know he did it" is not a good enough excuse. I can't believe I actually saw the suggestion to simply ignore the sixth amendment here, of all places.

However, I fully agree with this:

crabcake said:
how could be be tried in one court when he's already in the process of being tried in another? :confused: I don't think it was an issue of it not being "speedy"; rather, the murderer was busy being tried for other murders. :rolleyes:

In other words, his right to a speedy trial is not being violated at all - therefore all this talk about ignoring civil rights is moot anyway. It's as timely as possible under the circumstances that Mohammad has placed himself.

Dropping charges is ridiculous, and a slap in the face, not only of the families of the dead, but the DC Metro area itself. This judge should be kicked off the bench.

Cletus_Vandam

I have really mixed opinions on this. I know that continuing to try him for each death/murder will bring closure to the those famileis that lost their mother, father, wife, brother, etc. But, isn't there already enough lawsuits in courts today??? NTM that this spending tax dollars and for, therapy for the families???

Don't get me wrong, the guy needs to catch a round between the eyes for what he did. I think that see that would bring a lot more "closure" to me than sitting a court for months only to have another death penalty handed down...

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Well, we've given him one speedy trial already. He was found guilty and sentenced to death. Where's the public's right to a speedy execution? :cheers:

(Yes, I know there's no mention of that in the constitution, but wouldn't it be nice in this instance?)

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
tlatchaw said:
Where's the public's right to a speedy execution? :cheers:

(Yes, I know there's no mention of that in the constitution, but wouldn't it be nice in this instance?)

:clap: :yay: :yay: :clap: