Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We've found the money

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Trying to frame the issue as one of the dems not willing to cough up $5.7 billion rather than a petulant child trying to rule by decree and demanding he gets what he wants or the government shutdown.,

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck. … I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it.” - Cheeto
    Would the government be shutdown if Pelosi sent the same bill that passed the House at the end of 2018, and Schumer allowed Senate Dems to vote yes (like HE did on the Secure Fence Act), would the government be partially shutdown?
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

Please pin this for future reference

Pinned, as requested.....

Trying to frame the issue as one of the dems not willing to cough up $5.7 billion ...
    That's exactly what it is, since less than a year ago they were only too willing to spend 5 times as much.
    That's exactly what it is, when Pelosi says she'll give him ONE dollar.
    That's exactly what it is, when they ask him to completely cave in and capitulate and then tell him they STILL won't do anything.

I have a daughter who can be - spoiled. It's her favorite device to try to make any issue my fault,
    specifically if I am MAD about something - see, apparently, if I am *mad*, it exonerated any behavior on her part.
    For the record - I don't put up with it.

When the Dems pule and cry about taking care of the people, and bemoan the cameras - and the next time when
    the cameras are OFF, they make a ridiculous story which is contrary to every other person's account - yeah, I
    think they're the ones being childish. When the person you call a Cheeto - you know, the President - stays in Washington
    while the party of the people go to the Bahamas, to Puerto Rico and to Hawaii - yeah, I'd say they are the spoiled brats.

Four TRILLION dollar budget, and they're losing their minds over the difference between 1.6 and five billion - this is akin
    to having a household budget of 4000 a month, and the homeowner throwing a fit over spending 3 bucks.
    It IS absurd.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Members who have read this thread: 65