Another Democrat no one has heard of of announces his candidacy......

limblips

PREMO Member
Bring them on! The more the merrier. Divide the dems! I saw today that there are 31 possible who may declare. Most of them, like castro know they have no chance but use the announcement to get their name known. Fox says the number 1 is Uncle Joe followed by The Bern then Kamala. hrc is in the cellar.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Bring them on! The more the merrier. Divide the dems! I saw today that there are 31 possible who may declare. Most of them, like castro know they have no chance but use the announcement to get their name known. Fox says the number 1 is Uncle Joe followed by The Bern then Kamala. hrc is in the cellar.
It won't really divide them unless the winner of the primary finds a way to piss off the second place finisher to the point where they won't vote for anyone instead of them. Something like finding out that the vote was rigged and there was no way they were going to win no matter what.

Hijinx

It won't really divide them unless the winner of the primary finds a way to piss off the second place finisher to the point where they won't vote for anyone instead of them. Something like finding out that the vote was rigged and there was no way they were going to win no matter what.

Speaking of people who were never heard of.Where did this shrew Maizie Hirono come from?
She just appeared with her Trump hating self a few months back and seems to have become the darling of the Media.

Where was she when they were forging Obama's Birth certificate.?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The DNC already knows who they're going to put up in the general. The Julian Castros and Tulsi Gabbards must be enormous egomaniacs to think they'll get the nod. Julian Castro was a freaking HUD Secretary, and before that he was Mayor of San Antonio. Good grief. He's a nobody. Elizabeth Warren and the equally unlikeable Kamala Harris won't be it, either.

Look for Andrew Cuomo and/or Mike Bloomberg to come riding in.

TCROW

The DNC already knows who they're going to put up in the general. The Julian Castros and Tulsi Gabbards must be enormous egomaniacs to think they'll get the nod. Julian Castro was a freaking HUD Secretary, and before that he was Mayor of San Antonio. Good grief. He's a nobody. Elizabeth Warren and the equally unlikeable Kamala Harris won't be it, either.

A thousand times this.

Just like last time HRC was The One. Then Bernie made waves, got popular. So they ran him off. After a payoff of course so he wouldn't bad mouth the Party. Because in a normal and non-corrupt world, Bernie would have told the Democrat Party to fvck right off. But in the end, these parties are private organizations and can do whatever they want. HRC was their gal, and so it was to be.

The Party will decide who it will be. And that is all there is to it. These others are either controlled opposition within the party to help shape the messaging or they are off the reservation and will be cut loose.

"Whoops there goes your campaign funding from The Party. Sorry about that."

Hijinx

You may be right.

I cannot think of two bigger a-holes.

awpitt

Main Streeter

You don't think Joe will be the designated one?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You don't think Joe will be the designated one?

No. It would be foolish of the Dems to back him. The optics of an old white establishment man floundering to try and fend off Trump and speak for the counterculture would be hilarious, though.

It's too late for Joe.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don’t think it will be a white male.........just sayin’

It can still be Beto, though. The vision of him riding a skateboard into his first debate with Trump would turn the kids on big time, because that is what we've become. At first I was like, who even is this guy? Then I remembered Barack Obama.

awpitt

Main Streeter
No. It would be foolish of the Dems to back him. The optics of an old white establishment man floundering to try and fend off Trump and speak for the counterculture would be hilarious, though.

It's too late for Joe.

I keep forgetting about his age. He'll be pushing eighty by the next presidential term.

Clem72

. Julian Castro was a freaking HUD Secretary, and before that he was Mayor of San Antonio. Good grief. He's a nobody.

To be fair, San Antonio is a decent sized city. By itself it has a greater population than 10 US states do. So if you would count being a governor of a smaller state as executive experience, than mayor of a large city should count.

That said, I know nothing about the guy and I seriously doubt the Dems will run someone not already a household name in the next round. They may actually put aside the political insider BS and just pick their most popular candidate to give them the best possible chance against a second Trump term.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
(CNN)Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar is not currently a favorite to win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020.

Amy who?

transporter

Ah...my morning smile. I can always count on the "informed voters" of somd.com to provide it!!

For those whose brains are so riddled with dementia that they can't recall the 2016 Republican field, here it is:

Declared 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
John Kasich
Jim Gilmore
Marco Rubio
Donald Trump
Rick Perry
Scott Walker
Bobby Jindal
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Jim Gilmore
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Rand Paul
Carley Fiorina
Chris Christie

And as a reminder, ALL of them ran on an Anti-Obama platform.

As a final reminder, the one who ended up winning ran on the most virulent anti-Obama platform.

Oh...and while most of the country already assumes this happened, there is a good deal of evidence coming to light to support the intelligence community's conclusion that the Trump campaign was aided to victory by a hostile foreign govt. Hillary had the DNC backing here...Trump had RT and the current version of the KGB. Which is worse to you people?

If you read this far, you likely have already forgotten or just plain ignored the info above. You may now return to your hypocrisy.