and the clouds let drop the dew.

21 My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight,
preserve sound judgment and discretion;
22 they will be life for you,
an ornament to grace your neck.
23 Then you will go on your way in safety,
and your foot will not stumble.
24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
26 for the Lord will be at your side
and will keep your foot from being snared.​

Once God takes over.... then everything goes Natural. IMHO... verses 19 and 20 are telling us that God created the beneficial rain. It describes the affects of evaporation. It's natural.... so... going on to the next six verses.... it says that it's just as normal for us to count on God to keep us safe. It's as natural as evaporation and rain. You can count on it.

This is from the easy English site.

We all need wisdom. Even God used his wisdom to make the world.

This paragraph is similar to John 1:1-3. ‘In the beginning was the word. The word was with God. The word was God. He was with God in the beginning. God made everything by his word. He made nothing without the word.’

John explains that ‘the word’ means Jesus. Jesus was always with God, because Jesus is God.

Verse 22 reminds us of verse 3. Verse 3 tells us to wear love about our necks. In many countries, women display their beautiful objects. They wear gold, silver and precious stones on chains about their necks.

Verse 22 encourages us. There are plenty of beautiful things for us. Right decisions, love and wisdom are all beautiful things. They are better than any precious stone.

Gold and silver may be beautiful. Wisdom is more beautiful than any valuable objects.

This is another passage that compares life with a journey. This passage teaches us that God will protect us. We have nothing to fear. Many Psalms teach a similar lesson. See Psalm 121, Psalm 46:1, and Psalm 62:2.

Verse 24 gives us special comfort. We cannot protect ourselves at night. In the dark, there are many dangers. Many people struggle to sleep. We should trust in God. He can keep us safe. He can protect us. ‘You do not benefit if you wake early. You do not need to work at night for your food. God gives sleep to the people whom he loves.’ (Psalm 127:2)​

There was a snowstorm yesterday and again last night. My daughter and a friend were in Virginia Beach.... and they had to get back to go to work today. They left Virginia Beach around 4 or 5 last night. Then the roads started to get iffy..... and they had to get across the rivers.... the Harry Nice Bridge.... and the TJ.... in a snow storm.... I slept great in between phone calls. She called about 7 and she was riding with the snow plows.... always a good choice.... safely behind... "don't cause a hazard"..... Then she woke me up.... she wanted me to look at the camera on the TJ... I told her it appeared to be snow covered but traffic was moving..... then she woke me up to tell me she was safe at home.

Yesterday I was reminded [by the Proverbs Bible Study] that I don't need gold or precious stone... I don't even need my health.... as long as I have God... the worst thing that will happen will be bearable. Yesterday... I had a little battle.... turns out I questioned living without my kid.... what if she was in a horrible accident on those snow covered roads... how would I go on?

Well she's survived a lot of horrible life threatening moments in her life. She even battled Ovarian Cancer. God has a reason for her to be here. He's saved her before.... she's one of His kids. So... I prayed for Him to put His hand on my daughter's car and keep it steady all the way home. AND He did. And I slept between phone calls because I knew.... He's in control.

Yep it's natural to worry.... But God is in control... so whatever happens... it's bearable.

:coffee: