Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why private companies are better than the federal government

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Maryland - after almost three years - has taken that to mean that I live in Florida now ....

is there some reason you don't move the business to a more tax friendly state, now that you are 'mobile'
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Wow that sucks on all levels. I still don't get why they prefer a scanned magnetic ink form vs an electronic submission...
    BECAUSE!!!!!!! Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Wow...so you don't know (but "suspect) that the shutdown has something to do with your IRS forms??? Why don't you know??? Too stupid to use google? Haven't listened to any actual news in the past 3 weeks that details the shutdown related problems at the IRS????

As for forwarding mail...where your mail goes is a key ingredient in determining state of domicile. LOTS of people have more than one property...you have your mail forwarded to FL...that is a strong indicator that you live in FL. REALLY, REALLY basic stuff.
    Name:  ####LikeThisIsWhyIwon.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  28.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    is there some reason you don't move the business to a more tax friendly state, now that you are 'mobile'
    We've thought about it, but we are Southern Maryland Online. Incorporating in some other state doesn't seem right. It seems like something some ####bag tax grifter would do to avoid paying their share of the freight. I understand it's just business, but David and I have to feel good about what we do.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

We've thought about it, but we are Southern Maryland Online.
    I figured this was mostly the reason when I asked - this is not Delaware Tax Haven Online

I understand it's just business, but David and I have to feel good about what we do.

We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Members who have read this thread: 60