New era of PC and the Connors...

GregV814

Well, whats old is new again they say. We are seeing the "re-invention" of the Connors, which in my opinion was a bad show way back when, modified to be PC. I dont watch, it but, whatever..

So, what if they "re-invented" the old 1970's show, One Day at a Time, themed the same way....

Bonnie Franklin, would be in a nursing home getting her SSA check witheld due to TRUMP!!!!! But would be having sex with the janitor, Samuel L. Jackson

Valerie Bertinelli, would be divorced from some 1980's big hair rocker who is addicted to drugs, (ooops thats real)..and three His-spanish kids....

McKenzie Phillips would be a punk rocker prostitute living on meth...

well, maybe it isnt so far fetched after all...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I find most shows these days aren't worth watching. I'll see people raving on FB or somewhere about some TV show, so I'll watch an episode and give it a shot. Ick. Duh. Retarded. This is the #### that passes for entertainment these days. The train wreck of the Kardashians was amusing back in the day, until they took over our pop culture and then they weren't so funny anymore - Beavis and Butthead with better clothes. All these icky illiterate rap people. Yack.

TIP: You're supposed to watch these dysfunctional freaks and laugh at them, not emulate them.

Hannibal

So, what if they "re-invented" the old 1970's show, One Day at a Time, themed the same way....

Bonnie Franklin, would be in a nursing home getting her SSA check witheld due to TRUMP!!!!! But would be having sex with the janitor, Samuel L. Jackson

Valerie Bertinelli, would be divorced from some 1980's big hair rocker who is addicted to drugs, (ooops thats real)..and three His-spanish kids....

McKenzie Phillips would be a punk rocker prostitute living on meth...

well, maybe it isnt so far fetched after all...

You're about a year too late. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5339440/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Day_at_a_Time_(2017_TV_series)

"Follows three generations of the same Cuban-American family living in the same house: a newly divorced former military mother, her teenage daughter and tween son, and her old-school mother."

"One Day at a Time is an American comedy web television series based on Norman Lear's 1975–1984 sitcom of the same name.[1] It was Lear’s company, Act III Productions, that approached Sony with the idea of reimagining the original series with a Latino family.[2] It was developed by Gloria Calderon Kellett and Mike Royce, with Lear and his producing partner, Brent Miller as executive producers.[3] The series features an ensemble cast starring Justina Machado, Todd Grinnell, Isabella Gomez, Marcel Ruiz, Stephen Tobolowsky, and Rita Moreno.[4][5] The show revolves around a Cuban-American family living in Los Angeles, focusing on a single mom who is an Army veteran dealing with PTSD, her kids and her Cuban mother. The re-imagination of the original CBS sitcom tackles important issues like mental illness, immigration, sexism, homophobia, and racism that face Latinos living in the United States.

The show depicts the everyday life of a Cuban-American family with each character finding their own journey. Following the story of Penelope Alvarez (Justina Machado) a United States Army Nurse Corps[3] veteran, facing her return to civilian life with a lot of unresolved issues from her time in the Army. She works as a nurse in the office of Dr. Leslie Berkowitz (Stephen Tobolowsky). After her husband's alcoholism due to post-traumatic stress disorder from his time in the Army made it, in Penelope's words, 'unsafe to be in the house', she separates from Victor (James Mart#nez), taking the children with her. With the help of her Mother, Lydia (Rita Moreno), a refugee who left Cuba as a teen following Fidel Castro's rise to power, she is raising her two children: Elena (Isabella Gómez) and Alex (Marcel Ruiz). Apart from planning her daughter's quinceañera, Penelope starts dating and finds a love interest. Elena, resistant to have a quinces, starts dating a teenager from her class; to later realize that she is a lesbian. After struggling in ways to tell her family about her sexuality she finds the right time to come out. Alex starts working in a school project about Cuba with the help of Schneider (Todd Grinnell) and Lydia. Lydia talks about leaving Cuba escaping from Castro's dictatorship and how she fell in love with her late husband Berto (Tony Plana).

Each episode of the series focuses on important issues that face the Hispanic community and families in general. It has dealt with topics such as veterans' struggles with PTSD, depression, and anxiety, as well as sexuality, gender identity, sexism, and religion, amongst others."

gemma_rae

You're about a year too late. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5339440/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Day_at_a_Time_(2017_TV_series)

"Follows three generations of the same Cuban-American family living in the same house: a newly divorced former military mother, her teenage daughter and tween son, and her old-school mother."

"One Day at a Time is an American comedy web television series based on Norman Lear's 1975–1984 sitcom of the same name.[1] It was Lear’s company, Act III Productions, that approached Sony with the idea of reimagining the original series with a Latino family.[2] It was developed by Gloria Calderon Kellett and Mike Royce, with Lear and his producing partner, Brent Miller as executive producers.[3] The series features an ensemble cast starring Justina Machado, Todd Grinnell, Isabella Gomez, Marcel Ruiz, Stephen Tobolowsky, and Rita Moreno.[4][5] The show revolves around a Cuban-American family living in Los Angeles, focusing on a single mom who is an Army veteran dealing with PTSD, her kids and her Cuban mother. The re-imagination of the original CBS sitcom tackles important issues like mental illness, immigration, sexism, homophobia, and racism that face Latinos living in the United States.

The show depicts the everyday life of a Cuban-American family with each character finding their own journey. Following the story of Penelope Alvarez (Justina Machado) a United States Army Nurse Corps[3] veteran, facing her return to civilian life with a lot of unresolved issues from her time in the Army. She works as a nurse in the office of Dr. Leslie Berkowitz (Stephen Tobolowsky). After her husband's alcoholism due to post-traumatic stress disorder from his time in the Army made it, in Penelope's words, 'unsafe to be in the house', she separates from Victor (James Mart#nez), taking the children with her. With the help of her Mother, Lydia (Rita Moreno), a refugee who left Cuba as a teen following Fidel Castro's rise to power, she is raising her two children: Elena (Isabella Gómez) and Alex (Marcel Ruiz). Apart from planning her daughter's quinceañera, Penelope starts dating and finds a love interest. Elena, resistant to have a quinces, starts dating a teenager from her class; to later realize that she is a lesbian. After struggling in ways to tell her family about her sexuality she finds the right time to come out. Alex starts working in a school project about Cuba with the help of Schneider (Todd Grinnell) and Lydia. Lydia talks about leaving Cuba escaping from Castro's dictatorship and how she fell in love with her late husband Berto (Tony Plana).

Each episode of the series focuses on important issues that face the Hispanic community and families in general. It has dealt with topics such as veterans' struggles with PTSD, depression, and anxiety, as well as sexuality, gender identity, sexism, and religion, amongst others."

Who knew only the Hispanic community faced those issues? Oh, they threw in a "families in general" line to appease the non-browns.

That was mighty white of them.

Last edited:

SamSpade

My kids love that show - but it took me a few shows to realize the Gloria Estefan theme was the same one from
the original show, just sort of Latinized; I didn't recognize it right away. Once the show was on, I realized,
hey - I know this show.

To be fair, it's better than the original, which I've watched since seeing the remake, and remembered I always
didn't like the original.