Proverbs 3 Happy & Humble

seekeroftruth

Proverbs 3:32 For the Lord detests the perverse
but takes the upright into his confidence.
33 The Lord’s curse is on the house of the wicked,
but he blesses the home of the righteous.
34 He mocks proud mockers
but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
35 The wise inherit honor,
but fools get only shame.​

I wanted to go on a long diatribe about rich and poor. There was even a preacher on TV doing the "did you resolve to tithe" sermon that I could describe and chastise. [His breakfast probably cost more than I spend on food for the whole day... kind of thing....] but it didn't seem right.

This is from the easy English site.

People like to follow a leader. They might copy a film star. They might act like their teacher. They could behave like their ruler.

We must be careful if we choose a model. If we copy an evil person, then we shall become evil. Even a holy person makes mistakes and could lead us in the wrong way.

God has both friends and enemies. If we are evil, God hates us as enemies. This is because he hates our evil actions. However, God wants evil people to change their lives. God has great love, even for his enemies. This is why he sent Jesus. ‘Remember this! “Jesus came into the world to save evil people.” I was the worst!’ (1 Timothy 1:15. Paul wrote this passage.)

Honest people are God’s friends. We can all become honest. First, we must trust in Jesus. Jesus’ death takes away the punishment for our evil actions. Then God forgives us. He makes us his friends. Now we must learn more. God will teach us. He will use the Bible to teach us. He will also use other people. We should live God’s way. We should try to be honest. God will help us.

Since Jesus died, this has changed. Each person must trust God for himself or herself. ‘Then these words will become untrue: “The fathers ate sour fruit, and the children have a sour taste in their mouths!” Instead, everyone will die because of his own wrong actions. Whoever eats sour fruit will taste it for himself.’ (Jeremiah 31:29-30)

The time for judgement is coming. God will be our judge.

We should serve God, and we should be humble. We must not be proud. When God is our judge, he will show us kindness and love.

Some people are proud. They insult other people. They must turn from their evil behaviour. Then God will forgive them. If they refuse God’s love, God will punish them.

God loves us, although we do not deserve his love. He offers his kindness to everyone. We must be humble to receive it. If we trust in ourselves, we cannot receive his love. Nobody will go to heaven because they deserve it. We have all done wrong things. We all deserve God’s punishment. This is why God sent Jesus. Jesus did not deserve God’s punishment. Jesus suffered the punishment that we deserve. If we turn to God, he will forgive us. He saves us, because he is kind.

This verse, Proverbs 3:34, is an important Bible verse. Both James and Peter used this verse in their own books. See James 4:6 and 1 Peter 5:6.​

This is not about money.... it's not about tithing.... it's not even about being or becoming healthy or safe. This is about Salvation.

I can't describe it... it's internal. There are a couple of people in my life who are just happy. No matter what... they are satisfied with life as a norm and any little extra thing just makes them giddy. I have a neighbor... and Adventist who is always giving me reading materials.... and everybody says the same thing... she is always so satisfied. Jesus is the center of her life... followed by her family... her pets.... and then her friends and neighbors. She's always so happy. She has everything she needs.

She's a bit of a hoarder. Now, let me explain... she doesn't hoard just anything... she's not afraid of being without... she hoards broken things. Her yard is full of repaired lawn ornaments. There's one of those stepping stones with a saying on it... right as you get to her sidewalk.... it's broken in thirds... but it was laid in such a way as to heal it. And because of the saying, the break, and the loving way it is placed... it's beautiful....

Just like we are when Jesus heals us.... still broken... but healed... repaired.

:coffee: