Charles Co. Sheriff's Office Welcomes Four New Correctional Officers

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Charles Co. Sheriff's Office Welcomes Four New Correctional Officers

Date: 01-17-2019 01:17 PM

Summary: CO's have the responsibility of not only maintaining the safety and security of the detention center, but they also play an important role in rehabilitation and helping the inmates get on the right track upon their release.

Click here for the full story...

Bonehead

What did Gordon Liddy say about prison guards "the only people stupid enough to voluntarily go to prison" or something to that effect.

TCROW

What did Gordon Liddy say about prison guards "the only people stupid enough to voluntarily go to prison" or something to that effect.

Also described them as “functional illiterates”. Miss that guy, his radio show back in the day was great.

Bonehead

Yeah he had some interesting insights about many different subjects. My comment was not directed at these specific officers but the job in general.

Manny

Also described them as “functional illiterates”. Miss that guy, his radio show back in the day was great.
I think they get a bad rap. Likewise county officers aren’t as bad as state DOC. My nephew is a CO. Through his get togethers, I have met several CO’s from the Eastern Shore and Anne Arundel County. These guys remind me of police. It’s a sharp contrast to what I see around Jessup. Those guys are scary.

officeguy

I think they get a bad rap. Likewise county officers aren’t as bad as state DOC. My nephew is a CO. Through his get togethers, I have met several CO’s from the Eastern Shore and Anne Arundel County. These guys remind me of police. It’s a sharp contrast to what I see around Jessup. Those guys are scary.

At CCSO getting hired as CO is one path to becoming a patrol officer. The state doesn't have such a pathway and doesn't pay well to boot.