Unscientific research/poll

GregV814

You walk thru the doors of a fast food joint and have the choice of ordering from a kiosk or an otherwise unemployable cashier that isn’t so sharp. Which do you choose, given the opportunity?

h3mech

You walk thru the doors of a fast food joint and have the choice of ordering from a kiosk or an otherwise unemployable cashier that isn’t so sharp. Which do you choose, given the opportunity?

if there is no person to take my order and only kiosk, its the last time I go there.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
if there is no person to take my order and only kiosk, its the last time I go there.

Really...so no Sheetz or WaWa for you? I like their ordering system..easy and quick and if a mistake is made, it's mine.

glhs837

Power with Control
Generally the person. They can normally select things much faster than I can on the kiosk.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A kiosk if the damn thing works. My one encounter with a kiosk at McDonald's was a CF. You had to click on what category you thought your choice might be listed under, then surprise! Not there. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to order a cheeseburger and large fountain drink.

Sheetz has a pretty good kiosk system, but Wawa's sucks. Wawa also has a problem that not every kiosk is programed with the same items. For example, you can order a specific soup from one kiosk, but not the one next to it. It's annoying.

h3mech

Really...so no Sheetz or WaWa for you? I like their ordering system..easy and quick and if a mistake is made, it's mine.

I have never ordered anything from sheets or wawa, both are get places to get smokes. but would not eat there

GregV814

There seems to be a problem:
Press 1 for English
Press 2 for E-85 gasoline
Press 4 for coffee
Press 8 to repeat

nobody really

I need a nap

you must love fast food....all the chic fil a posts, mcdonalds posts....do you work there or something?

GregV814

Yeah....my doctorate in Early Indonesian Theology did me no good. So now I am a furloughed federal employee working the third shift at McDonald’s at the beach. Stop by sometime and “”ax” for De’jaun Johnson.I wear dreads and have 7 gold toofs.

awpitt

Main Streeter
A kiosk if the damn thing works. My one encounter with a kiosk at McDonald's was a CF. You had to click on what category you thought your choice might be listed under, then surprise! Not there. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to order a cheeseburger and large fountain drink.

Sheetz has a pretty good kiosk system, but Wawa's sucks. Wawa also has a problem that not every kiosk is programed with the same items. For example, you can order a specific soup from one kiosk, but not the one next to it. It's annoying.

No kidding. Those things are not very user intuitive.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have never ordered anything from sheets or wawa, both are get places to get smokes. but would not eat there

LOL..mkay. I've had decent food served by both..and some that was not so good.. The Sheetz in Dahlgren is a regular stop for me when I'm headed to southern VA to see my mother, or headed home again..Food, gas and beer. ;-)

Goldenhawk

I'll do the kiosk many times. I hate them getting my order wrong even after asking me to repeat myself five times.

No, a SMALL fries and MEDIUM drink. No, not small fries and drink. No, not a medium fries and a small drink. Yes, pickles. No, not pickles and onions, only pickles. Look, can we start over please? You obviously haven't graduated high school yet.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

LOL..mkay. I've had decent food served by both..and some that was not so good.. The Sheetz in Dahlgren is a regular stop for me when I'm headed to southern VA to see my mother, or headed home again..Food, gas and beer. ;-)

Did ya see at the gas station in front of the Wal-mart shopping center, just a quarter mile further south from the Sheetz there, that they sell regular non-ethanol gas? A place called Murphy Express. A regular pump and ever thing, just a bit more pricey though.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

At a true fast food joint, not talking a Sheetz or Wawa kinda place, I go with the otherwise unemployable cashier. Regardless of how the cashier presents him or herself, I refuse to use those kiosks so some corporation can save a few bucks on labor. Just like at Giant Foods. Even if I have just one or two items, instead of using the self-checkout, Ill stand in a line. The day I'm given a substantial discount for checking myself out and bagging my own groceries, or ordering my own food via a kiosk, I might use them. Until then though.

PeoplesElbow

I'd rather use the machine, if it was a well designed and is a well working machine. I prefer self checkout, when it is done right.

I hate the walmart self checkout and I can never get the bags to open up, my fingers just wont grab the plastic enough to open the bags.