Lesbian Couple Sued Religious Retirement Home For Denying Them. They Lost.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"Mary Walsh and Beverly Nance took Friendship Village to federal court for sex discrimination in July, after the senior-living facility denied the same-sex couple’s housing application," reports SLPR. "Friendship Village cited its ‘Cohabitation Policy’ as the reason for the rejection. The policy defines marriage as between one man and one woman, as 'marriage is understood in the Bible.'"

Representing the plaintiffs were the ACLU of Missouri and the National Center for Lesbian Rights, which argued that Friendship Village discriminated against the couple on the basis of sex.

"Friendship Village’s denial of housing to Mary and Bev because they are two women, and not a man and a woman, is discrimination ‘because of sex’ in the most literal sense," said Arlene Zarembka, a lawyer for the plaintiffs. "That Mary and Bev are lesbians doesn’t change this analysis."

Lesbian Couple Sued Religious Retirement Home For Denying Them. They Lost.

Hijinx

Why would anyone want to live where they are not wanted?

IMO this has more to do with their pushing their homosexual agenda than with their housing needs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They should get a tiny house or park model in an RV resort. There are lesbian couples all over the place and nobody bats an eyelash. I guarantee these two women would have WAY more fun there than at some religious senior living center. Who the hell wants to live in St. Louis anyway? Barf.

I am opposed to people bitching just to bitch and forcing acceptance. Go where you're embraced, not where you have to sue to get in.

BOP

Think about this for a moment: there are people who work, presumably full time, for the National Center for Lesbian Rights. I'm not just talking about the high-level jobs they list on their website. I'm talking about resource assistants and other, more grunt level workers who handle the day-to-day operations of the NCLR. It's a large enough operation that they offer internships and even fellowships, with offices in San Fransisco and Evil DC. It's not some garage operation, and there are many other, similar special interest type organizations out there. I don't think we even realize a small fraction of the machine we're up against in the fight for America's soul.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Think about this for a moment: there are people who work, presumably full time, for the National Center for Lesbian Rights. I'm not just talking about the high-level jobs they list on their website. I'm talking about resource assistants and other, more grunt level workers who handle the day-to-day operations of the NCLR. It's a large enough operation that they offer internships and even fellowships, with offices in San Fransisco and Evil DC. It's not some garage operation, and there are many other, similar special interest type organizations out there. I don't think we even realize a small fraction of the machine we're up against in the fight for America's soul.

I'm pretty sure lesbians aren't trying to steal America's soul. :lol: But that would be a great name for a band, "Lesbians Stole My Soul".

Most special interest groups have an advocacy org.